Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any One Up For an Exercise Challenge?

Katie, I started a "woe is me" thread that's appropriate for people who hate exercise.

Last night, even after taking 2 Tylenol, my legs hurt worse than ever. But it's true - I feel better after a walk. I met the challenge this morning with a 45 minute "yank-and-sniff-along" with my 2 mutts. They act like they've never been to the park before!

Next week when I'm visiting my surgeon for my port incision, I'm going to mention this achey throbbing thing going on. He'll probably give me a prescription for a walker and some Geritol. Getting old is a lot of work!

O.K., Lisa Green, now you aren't thinking about "unsubscribing" to Lapbandtalk, are you? If you are, I have your e-mail address and I'll give it to ALL of our Banded Sisters and Brothers. Then they'll all contact you (and ask for that free Mary Kay product). (Just think of the shipping and handling costs!) As far as that ferious Spud dog, why a nice little dog biscuit will fix him right up. So it looks like you're stuck with us! Love you, girl!:cool:

Are you kidding? I'm not unsubscribing to LBT, I said I was unsubscribing to this THREAD! Which I obviosly have not done. I love you ladies way too much for that. Hardly know you but the love is there!

BTW, I thought of something I did yesterday that was physical...I raked my little front yard! I totally forgot about that until I went outside and seen the pile of leaves waiting for me to pick up. I get an overwhelming urge to do yard work this time of year. Sure feels good to see the fruits of your labor.

Oh yeah does laundry, vaccuming, cooking and cleaning count? Because I do that all day long.:cool:

Marie you must want a Mary Kay make over or something. I'll give you one for sure since my average sales is $125.00 per person once I do get in front of you and give you all those helpful tips to looking good! I've got next Thursday open...what time is good for you?:D

Lisa, you have to keep coming back to this thread. I haven't exercised yet and I don't want to be the only one!! :D

I have ABSOLUTELY no excuse. Hubby has been out of town for 3 days and we are having a heat wave. Really -- our usual temps are in the 50s and 60s and we are heading for a record-breaking 80. Inland it is 100 degrees. I should be out riding my bike. Sheesh! I used to like to exercise. :cool:

I will try to exercise first thing in the morning. (I have a support group meeting at 7 tonight.) Maybe I should take an exercise class or something.

Absolutely beautiful fall weather! 7 1/2 miles bicycling.

P. S. Lisa Green, I need much more than a Mary Kay makeover! LOL :cool:

No exercise for me today - I had an all day meeting at the VA - lucky me! I had to go recertify to underwrite VA appraisals. I'll tell ya, if anyone has any trouble sleeping - show up at the VA at 8:00 in the morning for a rousing seminar with the staff from the appraisal division!

I am nicely sore from my first upper body workout since surgery. I didn't over do it - just know that I worked muscels that haven't been worked ina while. Tomorrow will be the real test - lower body workout + cardio.

I'll report back and let you know if I lived!

Hi guys can I join in?

I was trying to walk every day, but found it difficult to find someone to mind the kids. My hubby has resigned from one of his jobs and is now home at a respectable hour, just so I can exercise! I want to walk my route (which is about 5km) at least 5 times a week. Tell me what else I need to do to get going in this challenge please...:cool:

Jodie, you can do anything that you're comfortable with. I find it best to do something that I really enjoy, I'll tend to stick with it. Ex., I like bicycling. It makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere. In the summer, it's much cooler than walking here in the southern United States (where we have a lot of humidity). Some people do walking, dancing, treadmill, hiking, canoeing, motor cycle riding, swimming, aerobics, discus throwing, house cleaning, mowing the yard, painting the house, playing with their kids, walking the dog, horseback riding, remodeling their house, etc. Anything you can think of that get's you moving.

Sounds like you have a very considerate husband! How many children do you have and what are their ages? How about getting the whole family involved in this exercise thing? It makes for some great family time. We've spotted herds of deer and flocks of ducks while biking as a family.

Marie,

I have 3 kids so far. A girl-41/2yrs, and 2 boys - 21/2yrs and 7 mths. Unfortunately they don't walk as fast as I like to. My daughter does come with me on evenings when I might walk with some of the locals here who aren't very fit. She really loves it, and even though its long and it is a struggle for her, she jumps at the chance every time. I try to get some of the indigenous women walking with me here as much as possible. i have a semi regular buddy and we gather different women every time we go. Its nice for them too. Diabetes is a big concern in this community and I feel I am contributing something when I can get even one other lady to walk with me.:cool:

Deer would be nice to see! If we are lucky we see zebra finches, but usually we see goanna and brown snakes, plus lots of other little interesting reptiles...They all love the sun you know. ;-)

I'm in. I just bought a recumbent exercise bike last weekend. I haven't used it yet since I just had knee surgery 2 weeks ago, but I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said I could use it if I felt like it. I also dance (I use the term loosely) around my house when I clean or do laundry. I put my headset on and off I go.

It's like 4:30 a.m., and normal people sleep till 7 or 8 on Saturdays, so in answer to "anyone up for exercise" no, no, no. Why can't I sleep? And the worst part is there's just so much to do around here that laying around on the couch isn't an option. So that's like forced exercise, which means maybe I'll meet the challenge afterall. Why does that banana keep dancing? He's a very energetic banana, or is it a she?

Aussie, you should get someone to build you a little train baby carriage so you can push all them babes around - then you'll get an upper body work out too! But even easier, playing with the kids is great exercise. Just round them up for dance time to some funky music, play Follow The Leader, lift them up and down... just keep moving for a half our till you get a little sweaty.

Marie, I heard you speak negatively about yourself - no, no, no. You are amazing, look how far you've come, now put some rollers in your hair and some cold cream on your face, get into your oldest robe and post a pic of it here. You're adorable and we all know it!

I guess I'm not normal either, I have been up since 4:30 too. That's gotta be a she banana, men don't have that much energy! I like you have a ton of stuff I want to get accomplished today. The early bird gets the worm I always say!

GOOD MORNING BETTY! It's so un-lonely now that I see someone else is alive. I'm gonna finish my e-mails, and then I'm off to get that worm. I've got so much to do that I'm going to make a list. I can and will stick to a list, I know I can, I know I can! Have a great day. This is your last weekend as a no-bander, why not take the time for yourself and forget all the rest?

I have a few things to pick up at the store, then I want to get my house all nice and clean and the laundry all done so I won't have to look at any of that when I come home. It drives me crazy when I am sitting and see stuff that needs to be done. If I get the majority of it done today, I can rest more tomorrow. So, now I am off to the store! Good luck with your list!