Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

My NUT recommended no TV for the first week to 2 weeks. Too many food commercials. Tonight has been crazy every other as is about food. Iam going to watch all my Fav shows onTivo and skip thru the commercials.

netflix would be good for that.

Auri, all the Protein Drinks I have tried make me bloated and nauseous too. I wonder if we are intolerant to whey Protein. From what I have read some WLSs are. There is soy protein out there but it may taste even worse

theres also sprouted brown rice protein.

@ ammylynnsI

I figured it out: I think you should stop walking with the dogs and kids, it's causing a headache, lol. Hope today is a little better.

I can't wait for 9 months out from surgery, I wouldn't mind having a 100 lb baby and getting back to normal, if you get my drift. I feel pretty much as when I was pregnant: Emotional, cranky, hungry, bloated, huge tummy, aches and pains, scared to death of delivery, recovery, life after baby. Zero energy. Great analogy, I can pretty much replace the word baby with surgery. This is very helpful because I did recover from having a baby and I will this time too. It wasn't easy but I did it. I have HOPE again.

@ ammylynnsI

I figured it out: I think you should stop walking with the dogs and kids, it's causing a headache, lol. Hope today is a little better.

I can't wait for 9 months out from surgery, I wouldn't mind having a 100 lb baby and getting back to normal, if you get my drift. I feel pretty much as when I was pregnant: Emotional, cranky, hungry, bloated, huge tummy, aches and pains, scared to death of delivery, recovery, life after baby. Zero energy. Great analogy, I can pretty much replace the word baby with surgery. This is very helpful because I did recover from having a baby and I will this time too. It wasn't easy but I did it. I have HOPE again.

in a way you are pregnant. Pregnant with possibility

Post Surgery Recovery at home :

1) Gas pain: chewable gas strips, walk, heating pad, stretching, sleeping in different positions

2) Pain: liquid Vicodin (prescription) and Tylenol, sleeping in a semi-reclined position, even on a recliner as breathing may be uncomfortable

3) First week is hard but by day 8 you can go to DQ with family watch them eat but sip a drink, right AuriP?

4) After two weeks we'll be able to return to work and attend support group looking good to folks around you, we may even feel good

5) Exhaustion: I have read a lot about people feeling really tiered in the first month. The description of running out of steam very quickly is abundant. Many report not feeling great until 3 months out.

The length of time feeling exhausted, in my opinion requires some mental prep. Anyone has anything to share? I was just thinking about this because so many of us are getting surgery next week

@@misstvb

Bummer your husband is going to be gone for the next 2 weeks. Is there someone who is going to help you in that first week after surgery?

I'm going to work on that today. I shouldn't worry about this but after being gone three days the boys have messed up the house. I will need to find an angel to help me clean, then another angel to help me recover.

Hi everyone,

After a long journey I got the call yesterday that my insurance approved the surgery and I will be going in October 30th. I am so excited. I have found a delicious Protein shake already and I have a great support system. I get 4 weeks out of work with 60% of my pay and my husband took the first week out of his work to be with me. My mom is against it as she thinks when I get skinny I will become a different person. Which I do not see how losing weight will do that. I think it will make me happier which means a better person. I am just so excited to have this opportunity. I was going to go with the gastric sleeve but I have a huge hernia and my surgeon thinks I could end up with acid reflux disease. So we are going to avoid that all together. Also, one thing I'm worried about is my boobs are going to end up looking like deflated balloons. I am currently a DD and I have always been large breasted my whole life so hopefully they do not go down too much. I also work with a man who used to be a personal trainer and he said he will help me with whatever exercises I need. This is going to be so awesome. Can't wait to feel healthy again ❤️????

Hi everyone,

After a long journey I got the call yesterday that my insurance approved the surgery and I will be going in October 30th. I am so excited. I have found a delicious Protein shake already and I have a great support system. I get 4 weeks out of work with 60% of my pay and my husband took the first week out of his work to be with me. My mom is against it as she thinks when I get skinny I will become a different person. Which I do not see how losing weight will do that. I think it will make me happier which means a better person. I am just so excited to have this opportunity. I was going to go with the gastric sleeve but I have a huge hernia and my surgeon thinks I could end up with acid reflux disease. So we are going to avoid that all together. Also, one thing I'm worried about is my boobs are going to end up looking like deflated balloons. I am currently a DD and I have always been large breasted my whole life so hopefully they do not go down too much. I also work with a man who used to be a personal trainer and he said he will help me with whatever exercises I need. This is going to be so awesome. Can't wait to feel healthy again ❤️????

I've heard that a lot.. "You're going to be a different person". Hey, I WILL be a different person. The one I used to be. This person here right now is the different person I'm trying to ditch.

I think that overweight people around us are afraid that we will leave them behind.

ie; not sit in the couch snacking and watching our fav shows, we will actually WANT to go shopping and will be excited to try on new clothes, etc. My daughter has told me that I'm going to get skinny and she'll still be overweight. I told her we'll excercise together and that will be our new thing to do, but I know she still feels sad.

I must admit I have some fears about the whole "different person" thing. So much of my identity is wrapped up in food- both as a coping mechanism and a social prop- I worry about if how this experience will shape/influence my personality. Hopefully it will be for the better!

I know what you mean. Other nurses at work Were saying you're going to come back so sexxxxy. I responded I'm already sexy. The problem is most of the men that I date now like big girls and I don't know if the relationship will keep going the way it is.

My son is kind of excited for the change because he figures that I'll be able to do more outdoor playing with him and I will get tired as much. My daughter she feels the same way. They both don't want me to turn out like my mother with all the health problems she has.

I've heard that a lot.. "You're going to be a different person". Hey, I WILL be a different person. The one I used to be. This person here right now is the different person I'm trying to ditch.

I think that overweight people around us are afraid that we will leave them behind.

ie; not sit in the couch snacking and watching our fav shows, we will actually WANT to go shopping and will be excited to try on new clothes, etc. My daughter has told me that I'm going to get skinny and she'll still be overweight. I told her we'll excercise together and that will be our new thing to do, but I know she still feels sad.

'I will be a different person. The one I used to be'. I really like that. I haven't been overweight all my life. I was in fact underweight growing up. It started creeping up on me about 10 or so years ago. I have asthma, and every time they put me on Prednisone I would gain 20 pounds. And I was on Prednisone a lot. Then there are the 2 hysterectomies. Yes I said 2! The first one was 7 years ago. They only removed my uterus and cervix. I was under 40 and they didn't want to force me into menopause. Well, 3 years later, they found an ovarian cyst the size of a football. So, I had my 2nd hysterectomy to remove the cyst and everything else. My doctor said 'I guess we should have removed everything the last time'. Really??? I was not happy. Well, next thing I knew I was 270 pounds. Sad, depressed, frustrated. I want the old me back. Sorry for the long and TMI post. :) 18 more days and I will be closer to that healthy and skinny person that is under this fat suit!

Edited by kimodell69

'I will be a different person. The one I used to be'. I really like that. I haven't been overweight all my life. I was in fact underweight growing up. It started creeping up on me about 10 or so years ago. I have asthma, and every time they put me on Prednisone I would gain 20 pounds. And I was on Prednisone a lot. Then there are the 2 hysterectomies. Yes I said 2! The first one was 7 years ago. They only removed my uterus and cervix. I was under 40 and they didn't want to force me into menopause. Well, 3 years later, they found an ovarian cyst the size of a football. So, I had my 2nd hysterectomy to remove the cyst and everything else. My doctor said 'I guess we should have removed everything the last time'. Really??? I was not happy. Well, next thing I knew I was 270 pounds. Sad, depressed, frustrated. I want the old me back. Sorry for the long and TMI post. :) 18 more days and I will be closer to that healthy and skinny person that is under this fat suit!

sweetie we're all about TMI post here

Panic mode here! Found out that one weight recorded 2 years ago when I went in with step throat and hadn't eaten for several days may cause insurance to deny coverage of surgery! Most frustrating thing is I can't get message or call through to my provider to explain! I hope I get through On Monday before they send records. This is the final piece of info they need and it might put and end to this journey after 10 months of going above and beyond to jump through insurance hoops.????????

I agree, we are all about TMI. This is the place were we can share our fears and all the info we can't share with anyone else because they won't get it. We are members of a very exclusive club!

@@superbariatricbabe

I have been giving a lot of thought regarding how food plays such a major role in my life and how it is wrapped in my persona. Food and I are like two sides of a coin. I am thinking I will have to replace it with something else. Because many WLS replace it with other things equally as destructive such as alcohol I need to get in front of this. In my opinion it will have to be something that provides pleasure. I think I failed in all my diets in part because I was not replacing food with something else that I loved as much. Of course it may have been because I was just hungry all the time and that was torture. Any thoughts?