Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I had a hiatal hernia repaired when I had my lap band surgery back in 2008 and honestly, it felt SO much better after surgery. I had a anti-nausea patch with one of my surgeries, it was AMAZING! they had tried 3 different meds and none worked, except the patch. They put it behind your ear. Hopefully you won't have bad withdraw from the diet cokes! I've only had 1 headache and I was drinking 2-4 cups of coffee a day. I'm drinking Decaf now.

I hope thirty offer something like that at my hospital

Oops. They

Cruelty I say

Cruel and unusual punishment.

I am to drink Water like crazy in prep for WLS but then on the day of the surgery I'm not supposed to drink for 14 1/2 hours. That's kind of like running a marathon and then made to wait 14 1/2 hours to cross the finish line. Bizarre!

Well, Im sure my doctor doesn't need my plumbing full of Water to operate

@@Beni I don't know why you can't have ice chips or something in that time they usually suck out your gastric fluids anyway. Lol

I am laughing so hard at layknee's comment on "eat what?" I had to run to the bathroom so fast I nearly didn't make it

Yes, I'm going to have to get to the bottom of this. I think that "nothing after midnight" was before they realized my surgery was at 2:30 PM. I want my ice chips.< /p>

I have asthma and I had to get my meds changed because the medication I have been taking for 25+ years is an extended release med and we can't take those after surgery. I had the worst withdrawal for about 5 days. It was horrible! Headache, so tired and major leg cramps. The things we have to do to get ready for our new lives!

Cruel and unusual punishment.

I am to drink Water like crazy in prep for WLS but then on the day of the surgery I'm not supposed to drink for 14 1/2 hours. That's kind of like running a marathon and then made to wait 14 1/2 hours to cross the finish line. Bizarre!

Well, Im sure my doctor doesn't need my plumbing full of Water to operate

Haha! I'm sorry Beni..it's really contradictory tho. "No drinking water for 14 hrs" and especially "no eating before anesthesia." The anesthesiologist DOES know what kind of surgery this is, right?,

I agree Beni! We need ice chips to get us to the afternoon. Ugh...I want an earlier surgery time.

Ohh!, I keep forgetting to ask- how long is everyone staying at the hospital? I'm thinking one night unless complications like nausea? It's tough bc your person has to wait ALL DAY during the surgery, go home, and maybe come back the next day for a lift home. My poor mom.

I'm supposed to be in 4 days. Surgery is on avWednesday and if all goes as planned I am supposed to go home on that Saturday.

I have asthma and I had to get my meds changed because the medication I have been taking for 25+ years is an extended release med and we can't take those after surgery. I had the worst withdrawal for about 5 days. It was horrible! Headache, so tired and major leg cramps. The things we have to do to get ready for our new lives!

That bites. At least all of my meds are crushable according to my pharmacist. So sorry for you.

That bites. At least all of my meds are crushable according to my pharmacist. So sorry for you.

I'm doing ok on the new meds so far. The leg cramps were horrible. I am so glad that has stopped!

Yes, I'm going to have to get to the bottom of this. I think that "nothing after midnight" was before they realized my surgery was at 2:30 PM. I want my ice chips.< /p>

you're right. That's one of the best things hospitals have going for them. The ice chips!!!