Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4wk post op weight loss 1 stone

hi just so worried eating ok just smaller postions but i lossed the 1 stone 2 wk post op and nothing since then feel like im doing something wrong just wanted to know how long before it start to move again bit depressed now, just nice to be able to also meet with others who had this surgery and can support me in the journey im in north london

It seems pretty common for everyone to "stall out" a couple weeks after surgery. The initial shock from the pre-op diet and surgery causes us to drop a lot very quickly, then our bodies figure out what's going on and start clinging to the pounds. Seems to last a week or two as we adjust to our new eating habits and try to find the right balance, then it starts dropping more steadily.

Remember that a lot of the weight you lost on your pre-op diet, or early post-op diet wasn't fat, it was losing the Water that stores the glycogen that you burned up. Your glycogen levels will start to get back to normal meaning that you will store more Water again but meanwhile you will still be losing fat - so it may appear that you are stalling, but you're not really. If you are keeping to the post-op diet you just have to be losing fat and it will eventually show up on the scales.

Don't get disheartened - as long as you're not eating more than advised you're not doing anything wrong!

The stalls are a regular event, I find they often happen around periods, but definitely had 4 weeks out. A stone is 4 weeks is still a big loss, remember that it certainly took time to put the weight off, the same is true in losing it!

It has to be positive with a slow and steady loss.

Don't be too hard on yourself, some stall for weeks but it will not last forever.

Edited by willow13

I agree with all the others - stalls happen, especially a few weeks after the surgery. I remember panicking as well, but it all works out in the end. Just make sure you get your Proteins and liquids. I also did my best at the beginning to start moving around more, and actually fell in love with walking :) After all, as I read on some other forum, we don't gain all the weight overnight, so it takes a while to get rid of it.

When is the last time you lost 14lbs in a month? Step away from the scale, and focus on the program. Take your measurements if you want to monitor your progress. Get in that Protein and Fluid.< /p>