Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op Day 5: No voice

Today I went back to work and I'm feeling pretty good aside from being winded from going up stairs. I'm an English teacher and I just realized after my first class that I don't have much of a voice :( post op my throat hurt for two days but the pain went away. I live alone so I haven't talked to anyone in days. Did anyone else experience issues with their voice? If so how long did it take for things to get back to normal?

No but it kinda makes sense. They stuck a tube down your throat for anesthesia and maybe bruised some of your vocal cords or whatnot. Be kind to your voice for a few days. Maybe check with your surgeon too.

Very common from the ET Tube...they are supposed to recommend to you throat lozenges/spray before surgery, to be taken immediately afterwards.

I'm sure you are now with no voice.....however 5 days later you should call your Dr.'s office. can be your PCP.

I had 'weak voice' issues for months....no real distress but 'loud voice' was broken and crackly.

I think my vocal cords were traumatized.....but now 10 years later I can NOT sing just as poorly as I EVER could not-sing....

I'd encourage you to make the issue known to your provider ASAP.

Yes I lost my voice but only for two and a half days after. I kept saying I sounded like Marge Simpson. ;) I'm sure it didn't make it easier when you speak for a living. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Texaslatina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches