Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Days missed due to surgery?

Thank you so much for your encouragement- I really need it. I was so tempted to say forget it this morning, and eat something. I've been on a fast and am so hungry! I think I was just thinking "if I don't go through with it, then I can go ahead and eat now". But, I stayed strong and passed it up. I poured out the cup of coffee that I had made and left the kitchen. I made a bottle of crystal light instead. I'm trying to hang in there.

Tami

Good luck to everyone having surgery on Wednesday. I had mine 2 weeks ago today, in Mexico, and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Cathy

I hope this is not too late. I agree with jmcambra. Listen to your heart, head and your doctor. Have faith. What you are doing is an important and exciting change for your healthier future. You won't regret it.

I am coming up on 3 months post op. I was told today that I have already lost 24% of my excess body fat. I wouldn't change anything. I would do it over in a heartbeat. Yes, I did have second thoughts and they were scary but I pushed thru the fears and am sooo happy.

You will be great. You will do great and you won't regret it. Keep us up to date on what happens

NV Girl! I hope all went well today. I'm thinking of you. I'll be getting up at 3:30 a.m. tomorrow in order to get ready and be at the hospital (1hr away) and checked in by 5:30. My surgery is at 7:30! I hope I can sleep. let us all know how you're feeling. i'll try to be on here Wednesday - if not tomorrow night after surgery. ;o)

<p>Me too!!! I think it may be hard to sleep tonight. In fact I'm going to bed in just a few minutes because I have to get up so early to prepare....</p>

Me too, Tamjpjp!!! I hope we can sleep tonight. I'm even skipping 24 tonight (one of my favorite shows) so that I can get some rest and get psyched up surgery tomorrow!

Hi there, well I got banded yesterday. And I was only a little nervous. Things went well. The doctor told me that I had a little hernia, so they fixed that for me as well. I didn't have any idea. Anyway, I am a little sore and tender in the stomach area. I've been taking liquid tylenol for the pain. My biggest problem is gas in the back of my shoulders! OUCH! I've been in so much pain. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I finally resorted to pulling out the heating pad, but that's only temporary. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try next? Tylenol and heating pad aren't really working. Also, can anyone tell me how long I can expect this pain to last?

Tami

I was banded on 4/30/07...came back to work yesterday (5/9/07) for only half day...the longer you can take off, the better. I could never have come back to work in a day or two, but everyone is different.

Tina

Tami.... walk, walk, and walk some more, to get rid of the gas in your shoulders. I was up and walking the hospital corridor every hour after surgery.

cathy

I agree. Walk and walk again. I was told to walk every half hour once I got home and then took my first semi long walk the morning after. I was prescribed liquid Vicadin and I only used it once. My recliner was my best friend. It took the pressure off of my back without lying completely down on my back that also seemed to help.