Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey Begins...

I had my first visit with my doctor Aug 22. Had my nutritional and psychological appt. Sept 3. According to nutritionist i should be done in Nov. I'm hoping to be scheduled for surgery in Dec.

Meeting with doctor went well and he was very encouraging. Meeting with Nutritionist and Psychologist was weird...i'm not sure why but i was so emotional....could be cause i was starving..lol. Meeting was early in the morning and i was getting blood drawn afterwords...i work in the lab so i know the importance of being fasting, had ECHO done as well...Anyway..i was a mess. I've always been heavy....the yoyo weight loss lasting 6 months at best .. i guess i was excited and nervous all at once. :(.

The thought of losing weight for good, no more lower back pain, no more achy legs, no more pills, no more clothes fitting ok one month and tight the next and crying in front of the mirror....it was overwhelming...

After talking with Nutritionist, i was place on 1200-1300 cal diet Not being a "breakfast" person its been a little hard...but i've been researching different web sites i think i'll be ok. i've been logging all my food in take, good and bad ( to hold myself accountable for my actions). i've cut my caffeine in-take to almost half, increased H2O intake ( thats big for me, Soda Queen )..i've been drinking decaff or half and half...my husband and i went to lunch and I did not over eat, no weekend food fest. :lol:....

I'm very optimistic....

I never got emotional with my NUT but almost did with the Psych. Whenever I get talking about my weight issues and what got me to where I am, I get emotional so don't feel bad. We all have those days!

I'm not a Breakfast person either. Breakfast for me is coffee. On a good day I might eat a yogurt or piece of fruit but I'm just never hungry in the morning. This is why I tend to overeat later in the day. Since I know I have to have breakfast, the Protein shakes are perfect for getting something in my stomach without being that hungry.

coffee really isn't that hard for me to switch to Decaf but I always have to have flavored Creamer in it. I can't do fat free Creamers, yuck! So for me, I will most likely just give up coffee altogether. It will be hard at first but if I can't have regular creamer in it, it's going to suck so I'd rather do without! LOL

i've been mixing some of my Protein shake in with my coffee, and it's delicious! you may want to try that, it's like a flavored Creamer taste to me.

my favorites so far are the Unjury chocolate splendor, and the Unjury vanilla, and Garden of Life Raw Protein chocolate.