Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a believer!!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to brag a little. (like Argon's co-worker!!!LOL)

When I decided to be banded I was HOPING that it would be the end of the roller coaster of weight-loss and gain. But I was a little skeptical. I WANTED it to work but I was not convinced. Well, I am here to say I am a believer!!

I had a slow start, times when I could not eat at all but all in all I am so happy with the results! At my 1st fill they did a body composition reading. One thing that bothered me was it said my predicted weight was 156.5 lbs, that was 10lbs more than my personal goal. I happy to report that I weigh 151.5 lbs During my dieting years I always wanted to be skinny or average, but always got so excited when I was a size 13/14 that I stayed there and then gained all the weight back. I am still in awe that I have lost 53 lbs and that I am wearing a size...8!!!!!

One happy lap-bander!

That is Awesome!! Thank you for sharing this here. As one who is yet to be banded I still have moments when I wonder if I am doing the right thing. If it will really help me to get to where I would like to be. It is always good to hear of someone who has made it work for them! Thank you especially right now.

Congrats on almost being at your goal!!

Lila, congrats on your success! Thank you so much for your post. I'm about to be banded next week and I'm having a few small panic attacks. Reading your post really helped me refocus and believe that I am doing the right thing. Doesn't it feel nice to be in the 150s! It's a distant soon to be revisited memory for me!!

Lila, thanks for posting that, I am having a "slow start" but after this last fill, things might be changing! The skepticism is slowly leaving me. Congrats on your success.

Lila,

congrats... I know how awesome it feels... now go keep trying on some of those new clothes do a little twirl and enjoy it...

That's awesome Lila!! Nice going!!

By the way.... r u missin' Meccckio??

Yoda YES, I miss Mexico. I have not worn shorts in a month. I have actually had to find my mitts!! And ...my tan is fading.:violin: but I heard a rumor that summer:sun: was on its way!! I hope this rumor is true! I'll be OK!!!

I agree with LeslieLee! I have wondered alot if this is the right decision. I get banded June 14th with Dr. Mumford. But hearing this makes me feel better to know that I am doing the right thing! Thank you for the encouragement!!

Lila, I am very proud of you. I can barely remember those feelings of small size clothes and twirling in front of the mirror, but I will get there damn it. Congrats again

Lila, I notice you joined in Aug 06. Do you feel like it has taken so long to lose your weight. I have about the same to lose and I feel like it is going to take forever!!