Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today in South Korea

Today was D-Day for me and I was banded at 9am (local time). I'm feeling pretty good but getting in and out of my hotel bed is killing me. Any suggestions on the best way to sit up, stand, lay down? I'm going to try walking this evening when it cools down. I have to try and find the food i need for the next week. I've been restricted to 27g Protein (they gave me some protein powder to take) 2c soy milk, 2c milk, 2 plain yogurts, and 8c of Water everyday. It seems like a lot but I'll try and get it down.

Congratulations and welcome to a new chapter -- exciting times ahead. Protocols really differ by surgeon but that seems like a lot to have so soon. Could it be they just don't want you to have more than that? Like an "up to" this amount? I would check back.

Congratulations and welcome to the other side ! I needed help get ting off the bed for the 1st few days, having someone pull me straight up slowly was a big help. The less you use your stomach muscles for awhile the better . Also , im surprised you weren't told to get your supplies and liquids before surgery ! Why are you going out to get these things after surgery ? You are supposed to be resting so you can heal. Hope things go better for you. Good luck !

Hi! I was banded on Wed (3 days ago) and I can tell you I'm feeling so much better today, everyday is noticeably better. The first day I was surprised how much pain I had, and now today I havent even had any pain killers yet (I've been up two hours). I know the journey is different for everyone, but hopefully you feel better soon!

I to was banded on Wednesday. The best advice I can give you is listen to your body. Everybodys journey is different.

Congrats....

You might try rolling like a log to the side of the bed, then use your opposite hand and arm to do a push up. It' sounds like you are by yourself?

Thanks guys. I am alone so that makes things just a bit harder but I'll try rolling like a log a try. I felt horrible the first hour or so after the operation but by the time they told me I could leave I felt okay. At the clinic only my surgeon and one employee speak English so I assume that might be part of the reason they waited until my surgery date to tell me about my post op diet. I did notice however that they banded a woman right after me and they told her about her diet as well the same day.

Hi nire, how are you doing now? Are you feeling better now your a few days post? Were you able to get your post op supplies? I hope everything's going ok! I'm 5 days post op now and things are going pretty well :)

Welcome to Bandland! Hope things are going well.

Nina, just checking in on you, everything going ok?

Thanks for checking in :) I'm feeling pretty good on a scale of 1-10 I'm about a 7 right now. I was able to get my supplies but I haven't been able to drink everything I was instructed to. I've only been able to eat yogurt mixed with the Protein Powder 2x a day so I can take my medication and drink some Water. I've been spending most of my time sleeping and walking. :)

Great! Sounds like you are coming right along! I found leaving my water bottle and a bottle of Protein on my bed was also helpful, sip, sip, sip. I could barely get anything down, certainly not a full cup of anything, but working on it a sip at a time, got me through. You are a strong cookie! Big hugs!

Hi there, so glad you are doing well! Read up all you can -- I learned a lot from Dr. Simpson's article on the "lapband is not about restriction" and also the Eight Golden Rules. Went to those sites over and over again and would copy them here but iPad and not that cooperative. I believe it's best never to force anything -- there's no amount we have to get in.....drink your Water, walk and enjoy the shedding.....