Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new and have so many questions.....

Hi Im new here and will be getting my vgs in about 6 weeks in Mexico. I have questions about diet afterwards.

First of all how do you know how much Protein you need in your diet per day or per meal?

Are they going to teach me all of ths? Id like to be prepared.

How do people deal with the pureed part of the diet. Sounds disgusting. But I know I have to do what I have to do.

Can you just chew really well?

And if not, what type of blenders are people recommending that works well for Protein shakes and for pureeing food.?

Anyone have a chart of all this written up, like guidelines. thanks in advance.

First of all, in my experience recommendations\treatment plans can vary dramatically from physician to physician. I can only speak to what I was told to do by my team.

Women need at least 73g of Protein daily. I've been tracking my intake in MFP form the beginning and plan to do so always.

Purees are not that bad when properly prepared. Check out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for recipe ideas for all stages of WLS. I ate lots of home made Soup and chili, whizzed in a nutra bullet to smooth out the chunks, eggs, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt in the puree stage.

I talked to my nutritionist yesterday about the puréed stage, I had told her prior to my surgery I knew I would not be able to do it. It's just gross and I have never in my 52 years on this planet ever eaten anything mixed. I just don't like the texture. So she said I could have the eggs, yogurt continue the Protein Shakes, sf pudding, sf Jello, I should be able to do oatmeal. I will make it. She wanted me to wait until Monday to try eggs, but since being on liquids for 3 weeks I tried a scrambled egg and didn't have a problem with it. Oh and she said to try mashed potatoes just have to add ûnflavored Protein to most of those things because they don't have enough in it. So I will do what I can until I can have fish, chicken etc. I am not a vegetable fan so she said I could do the fruit but have to blend unflavored protein into those also.

@ I'm with ya, no puree for this girl.. My sugery is Sept 14, and I won;t be doing puree'd foods at all.

Kaiser has it's pros and cons but I feel lucky I have a big binder full of information. Pre op and post op liquids lists of foods when to drink or eat them.. A detailed list if Vitamins to take and when. I feel like I should make copies for people. It doesn't seem fair that people are not getting the same information. .we have support group to ask other questions. Believe me I have tons if questions ... I'm scared to death . Surgery in less than one month.