Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do i feel like throwing in the towel :(

I feel so disappointed and lost in this whole process. I started this process in Sept 2013, met with the NP and nutritionist at the hospital that my insurance listed as one of their center of excellence. I did the blood work, went to the diet seminar. Got my instructions for pre and post op and all the paper work that is needed to be completed. I went to my doctor and gave in the paperwork to be filled in, did the psychiatrist evaluation in Oct, went to the hematologist dr n started back on my blood thinners bc I knew he won't clear me if I didn't cuz if a previous PE. I got a promotion in Nov and a new branch so I was so preoccupied with that that I kinda fell off with following up on the paper work at the dr office. I had to finish my six month diet anyways I started weight watchers June 2013 so I was almost done doing six months. Then in Jan my book with my stamps got wet and washed out (UGHHHH) so I emailed weight watchers and they sent me a email with all my weigh ins. My case manager nurse at United health care never returns calls so I got unenrolled in the program, I wanted my $1,000 incentives in my account to help with follow up apts. So I had to call and enroll again.

Fast forward to July 14 I got my focus back to wls, call my dr office and asked about the paperwork and the office worker was like she is waiting on the dr etc etc n she is working on it. Months ago when I 1st started talking to my dr about wls he was like he would completely help me! So I know she was lying. So few days later after talking to my new nurse from UHC and got clarification about if they would accept the email with my weigh in dates n stuff, I call back my dr office and the girl is on vacation and her boss was like oh yes Mariza mailed the papers off last week. I was so happy!! So I call the hospital to check if they received anything and NOPE! So I waited and had to go by the office to pick up a prescription in Aug, I see Mariza and asked her about what they put on the diet form and she was like oh I still have the papers and was just going thru past months progress notes to help fill it out. My mouth dropped! All this time still Oct 13 she had the paper work n didn't do anything!!! I got mad but I'm the quiet sweet mad and just told her what my insurance said told her ill fax the papers myself and just give me the stuff. So I sat there while she typed of the letter n stuff but my dr was on vacation so had to wait a week for him to sign it. He got back on Aug 15 I called at 9am bright n early and had to keep in top of her to fax everything over. So August 15 I faxed over the paper work to both the insurance and hospital and was told 14 days so I had a countdown going was all excited!

Called the hospital last week n they said they didn't submit yet cuz the nurse was still going over the psychology report. Ughhh lol. So I call UHC today cuz it's been "14" days and was told its under review and the case was just opened Aug 27th. So 14 days starts over again! Lol so I call my nurse from UHC to see if she has a answer but sadly no :( But I did find out the hospital submitted for the lapband n not the sleeve! Thank God I asked cuz I changed my mind since when I first talked to the hospital in 2013. But I thought u really decide when you meet with the surgeon themselves. So I had to call the hospital for them to resubmit for the sleeve! So they have to open another case n the countdown starts again. At 1st when I found out the hospital didn't submitted till last week I felt so disappointed that I was getting so excited n close to my "14" days n it was all for nothing. But I'm glad it happen because I would have gotten approved for the wrong procedure and would have to start again. So I called the hospital they going to call and change it and I have a appointment Oct 7th !! So hopefully I will get a date! So I'm just gonna focus on my upcoming trip to Costa Rica in 14 days instead. Sorry for the long post.. Just had to get it out!!

Feel better? Lol. Congrats. You stayed the course and jumped through all the hoops. We will not be deterred!

BTW, enjoy the trip.

Things will get better.

My case wasn't as bad, but I waited the two weeks after the doctors office had submitted only to call and find out that they had forgotten to submit. I threw a temper tantrum (by myself) and then sucked it up and waited another two weeks for the real submission.

I'm a month out from surgery, but I still can't even look at the girl who lied to me when I go to the office. I was going to complain but was afraid it would mess about my surgery/billing somehow.

Thanks ladies!! I was feeling better, just got off the phone with the lady from the hospital she said she called UHC to change the procedure to the sleeve and they said they need a new letter of necessity but they only had notes from talks about the lapband.... So now I have to wait till 10/4 for the appointment with the surgeon so we can talk about the sleeve so they will have notes to resubmit to the insurance when it rains it pours but I see a rainbow at the end. I have come this far so why give up now :) I'm going to enjoy my vacation thank you :) lol it's my celebration for my new journey lol.

Melly I understand!! Lol I wanted to complain to her boss and ask if she lied too to just cover for her or if she really was told she mailed everything. But I didn't want to start anything and just took it as a lesson learned. If you want stuff done then do it yourself! Lol how are you feeling?

Awesome a nice vacation and when you come back you will have some good news about your surgery and the start of a new journey for you!