Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My banding story good and bad.

Hello, My name Is Jessica. Growing up I was always big due to steroids and medication and doctors wanted me to do a bypass at the age of 14 but I was not comfortable with that idea...how could anyone at that age right? But as I started getting older weight just got worse. I tried every diet possible. I was 16 weighing over 340 lbs. I couldn't take it I was going down a horrible path, I finally broke down. I did everything I could I researched and did all my appointments and at 17 I got my lap band weighing in at 352 lbs. Here I am now 18 a year and a half out. I'm down 120+ lbs. I am so proud of myself. But the problem is...the first year was great but the past few months have been hell...once I got insurance again I got right into the doctor...I was to the point of my body shutting down, my hair falls out horrible amounts, I wasn't eating or drinking and my body was shaking and cold. I was having black outs and getting lightheaded. It was scary for me. The doctors had me do an upper GI which came back somewhat normal, just a small area where my esophagus was inflamed but they said malox should fix that. I had blood drawn fluids put in me and some cc taken out of me. Went home and I was feeling great...for the first few days. Then it's started all over again hold one thing down a day to holding one thing down a week. So went back in they took all my fluids out. Which is where I'm sitting now. My port is completely flipped and since they tried the first time to reach it I've had horrid pain that jumps out of no where and with no Fluid I'm still not eating. I'm so tired and feel drained and I don't know what's wrong!

Hello neighbor,

Snyder or his staff should know why you can't eat? You've been doing this long enough that you know how to eat with the band so it shouldn't be not chewing enough or eating too big and fast?

An inflamed esophagus can be several things including GERD or you're having too many stuck episodes and food is backing up into your esophagus causing some minor dilation?

You should come to one of our support group meetings? We have one informal one at the Broomfield Library:

Date: Monday, Sept 8th

Location: Broomfield Library, 3 Community Park Rd, Broomfield, CO 80023.

Eisenhower Conference Room ~ 2nd floor

Time: 6pm-7:00 / 7:30pm

or come to the support group meeting at Good Samaritan Hospital in Lafayette:

Good Samaritan off of 287 in Lafayette

Conference Room D

Starts at 4:30pm 9/24/14

Lots of good people and some great advice.

Snyder is the one who did my surgery and I've been going to since day one. I'm waiting to see if I have to get a scope. Definitely not eating to fast, much or not chewing enough. I have no idea

Can you tell me where to find more information about the support groups at Good Samaritan Hospital? I am getting banded on 11/25 and am scared but EXCITED. Really feel like I'd do better with support especially since I'm not planning on telling many (most) people about my surgical tool. Thanks!

Mary

Hi Jessica, I am getting my band next month. I hope your issue with yours has stopped. Bless your honey. You sure have been through it. Praying everything is well with you now:)