Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from Cruise, wow the temptations...

Well I took a 5 day cruise to the beautiful islands. the boat was great, the sea's were a little rough. the food choices were rougher!!! First I must say I went on Vacation last month and lost 12 pounds. this time not so good. The problem this time was the I took a motion pill for the sea's and when I went to the gym I got really light headed and sick, which limited my exercise. Then came the drinks and social gatherings, which I know how to maintain but, lost that fight. I was hoping to avoid all deserts, well after getting sick at lunch, ate too fast after 4 bites of salad. They had a pastry party, which I went to with my wife. I will not say it was her fault but, I fail again. Ok I fell off the wagon, and I know I can get up wipe myself off, and move on. I had gained 3 pounds from my trip which really stinks. I went back to the plan yesterday and am feeling great. no craving for sugar or sweets, not over eating. This is a lesson for me since I go again in November for 8 days. I hope this will help my mental state. I keep thinking if I eat bread or a desert once in a while I will be fine, I keep telling myself this is a life change not a diet. I can be happy about the fact I did not go off the plan for-ever, and am still motivated as ever. Just wanted to share my thoughts and hope someone can learn from it.

Good to hear a rational "I fell off the wagon" story from someone who realizes 5 days does not make a total failure and letdown. There are still 360 days in the next year to get it right eh?

I too was bad this last weekend holiday. But, yesterday was anew and I'm back on track again.

I think you did wonderful I know people who go on vacation and gain 10+ pounds. Don't beat yourself up. I give you two thumbs up considering you have the drive to continue on the weightless journey even with a little gain you still did amazing

Oh, pish posh. Vacation is just that. It's over and now you're back to the daily routine. You're entitled to a vacation. Just get back on plan today and it will even out. I went to Italy and came back four pounds heavier but lost it in days. If you need a kick start, pretend you had a band fill and have to go on liquids for 48 hours. Be kind to yourself. And guess what. Vacation after WLS can still be enjoyable without the guilt. Our tool lets us get right back to basics without sliding into despair like we did before.

You're going to be fine. You know how I know? Because you're here posting about it. Congratulations on your continued success!

I went on a cruise recently and ate whatever I wanted (in small portions) whenever I wanted it. Most days, my exercise routine consisted of walking from one deck chair to another and settling in for a nap. (I did take a kayaking excursion one day, though). I ate ice cream everyday, Desserts every night...I was on vacation. I didn't gain a single pound. And since my vacation I've lost 11lbs. So, we are making a lifestyle change. One or two...or 5 vacation days "off the wagon" is OK. Just climb back on!

I think you did great! That's the glorious thing about this little ring, it's there for you even when you're on vacation (it doesn't get a break). You have the right attitude and frame of mind and realize this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change so you're going to be just fine. Think about how much you would have gained if you hadn't had the band.....3lbs is pretty darn good in my opinion and I bet you alot of that is just Water retention. The last cruise I went on pre-banded I gained 10lbs in a week. I'm getting ready to go to Jamacia and couldn't be more exicted about trying all the local flavors; I'm not going to watch every little thing I eat, I'm going to enjoy it; It's one week out of the year and when I get home, life will resume as normal, we're not doomed and gloomed any more:).