Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of some support..

Bear with me this is my first post. :fish:

I'm 19, with a Lap-Band, and Im having troubles. I got banded July 29th.

I've lost a significant amount of weight, 56 pounds to be exact...

but right now I'm in a rutt. I havent really lost any weight in the past month or too, I dont think I need a fill.. but maybe I do.

I know I was food addict, but now I'm starting to drink alot more then I used too, and I know I shouldnt. I have a gym membership, but I don't go.

Does anyone have any diet advice? I tend to eat the same things, ie cheese and crackers, or salad with ranch dressing, I need your help!

Could anyone give me any advice? What can I do? Anyone going thru this too?

Thanks for reading this!

Kristen.

:cool:

I have only lost 22 lbs. I was banded on 12/28/06. I know that this is slow moving but I want to see results. If you find answers to why we continue to do ourselves in please let me know.

Your advantage is that you already know what you're doing wrong, so it's just a matter of motivation. Don't worry, you'll get back on the band wagon soon enough.

Obviously exercise is key. I am guilty of not exercising as much as I should, so I can't point a finger at you, but I know it helps. Also, maybe salad with ranch and crackers aren't the best choices. More Protein may be in order. By drinking, do you mean alcohol? Alcohol and any high calorie beverages go right through the band and can add pounds. Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes you don't see results on the scale, but the inches are disappearing! Hang in there! It's a journey as we say, with ups and downs. Focus on your achievements so far and rededicate yourself to success.

If you are eating the same, but drinking more, that's probably your answer on why you are stuck. Be very careful about replacing food with alcohol, or any other dangerous behavior. There is a thread about this on here somewhere, lots of people discuss having similar issues. Addictive behavior runs in my family, but I used to think it was specifically alcoholism that ran in my family so I've always been really careful about alcohol, if I find I'm drinking more than I should, I don't drink for a couple of weeks, or a month.

Regarding exersize, unfortunately it's just something you have to get up off your butt and do. I say it that way, because that's what I had to do. I hadn't been to the gym since June, until 2 weeks ago. Once I get going, a momentum kind of builds up, but GETTING GOING is what is hard for me. You'll just decide one day to get up and go, or even if you don't go to the gym, walk around your neighborhood for a while (assuming it's safe).

*hugs*

You may be getting depresses from alcohol and cheese and crackers...meaning from mostl carbs in your diet. You need energy in order to focus and exercise. Eat some meat and a few bites of veges at each meal, without alcohol, and see how you are in a week. You might even feel like exercising! And git to a lap band support group.