Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else feel like everyone is against you?

When I told my husband of my plans on getting sleeved..He also had a stupid remark.." ..join a gym if you want to lose weight.." I told him I would after having surgery..lol. After talking some more..He was afraid...He read and heard others having WLS getting sick and always throwing up. I told that happens because they are not using their tool correctly. For a tool to work properly, the instructions must be followed correctly no short cuts... I'm starting my journey no matter what people say..This is for me, myself and I!

Tell Hubby that you can't believe he is so lazy that he has to drive a car to get somewhere........

It's a tool....A means to and end.!! No different than a car. Sure.........the ole fashioned way will work. If you actually can tolerate it. I no longer can. Why not? I don't know. What I do know is I don't have another lifetime to figure it out or change. I need the weight gone now. And I will use whatever I can. Nuf said about How to lose it.

Now, about other people's imput. Who cares. It's your life. And you're the one that has to live it. However I lose the weight, I will obtain the same benefits of MY improved lifestyle regardless of what anyone else had to say about it or how I went about doing it. Make your own decisions and tune out and avoid the negative. ;)

Love this response.! Yes, it's a means to an end! It's one way to your desired result. Your choice! Just like having a baby, with pain or not (epideral) sp. Either way the baby is coming out It's your choice how u go about it.

Maybe the remark was a nervous reaction to the whole situation. We all say dumb stuff. As long as he is cool now and you set him straight. It's all good.

I can't believe the dr pushed h diet pills on you vs the wls. Adding more chemicals to your system... nobody needs that.

I'm struggling with a 1200 calorie diet right now. I thought I was making a healthy Breakfast w/ an omelet with spinach, mushroom and a little ham and whole wheat toast and more than half of my calories for the day. Who knew egg had 67 gm of sodium?

This is in NO WAY an easy way to go.

You're doing what's good for you. Don't let anyone make you feel bad. I'm not telling too many people because I don't need any horror stories or sarcasm. The only thing I'm saying is I'm on a 1200 cal diet. I get enough crap from that lol.

Good luck and if you need any encouragement please come here. . Good luck