Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm pretty new and I'm already struggling. I know I have to lose weight before hand and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about what to eat or what they're eating.

I was strictly low carb for the week before surgery. I was drinking low carb EAS Protein Shakes and eating baked chicken breast or baked pork loin. I didn't really count calories as much as I tracked my carbs, trying to stay below 10 carbs per day. I lost 10lbs that week.

Hi!! Im with you.. I have to lose damn near 40lbs before September 18th.. and let me tell you.. The struggle is definitely real.

So, on August 11th I started 'dieting' well I would call it 'eating healthy' simply cause the first 3 letters of dieting is DIE, and I'm not trying to starve myself.. lol so.. I'll break down what I cut out, and what I usually eat.. and I lost about 5 lbs a week :lol:

First off, I cut out ALL sweets.. so,

NO ice cream, NO candy, NO juice, NO Regular Soda [diet soda is ok.. not really, i'm dealing with it =) ]

I do not snack on anything that is more than 120 calories.. No chips, Cookies, any kind of fatty Snacks.

If I do eat anything that may contain sugars, I make sure that it is less than 10g, BUT preferably I would like it to be 5g or less.

I do not eat anymore white carbs.. No white rice, No white bread, No white Pasta. Everything is either Wheat or Whole-grain.

I do not go to any fast food joints. Only El Pollo Loco.

I do not eat anymore fried foods. Either grilled, roasted, or baked food.< /p>

Lots of Water. Lots of eggs. Lots of fruits. Lots of vegetables. No corn.

My Breakfast everyday typically consists of 3 eggs w/ 1 slice of kraft cheese, 2 slices of Wheat toast, 1 cup of fruits (pineapple,watermelon,cantaloupe,apples) and 1 tall glass of Water.< /p>

I seriously eat this everyday.. I don't change it up because I really enjoy my breakfast.. Its pretty hearty and keeps you full =]

My Snacks consist of fruits, fruits w/ Peanut Butter, pita chips (1 serving size) w/ cheese (low-fat), these amazing low fat baked crisp Cookies (5 cookies = 110 cal), 12 individual raw almonds, 100 calorie snacks (you can find these everywhere/watch the sugar)

My lunches varies from PB&J sandwiches w/ fruit or Salads under 300 calories (Walmart sells some delicious salads under 300 calories!), or Subway sandwiches 6-inches Turkey, lots of veggies, light mayo, heavy mustard, regular cheese.

My dinners are similar to my breakfasts and lunches... sometimes i'll have a pb&j sandwich w/ eggs, baked, grilled, rotisserie chicken, meat & veggies or typically anything that under 550 calories..

Oh yeah, also, I try to eat 500-550 calories for each meal.. snacks are 100-120 calories.

* I was also prescribed Phentermine.. so unfortunately this decreases my appetite.. and sometimes i would skip meals.. because Im still full off of my previous one.

I hope this helps hun, try to record what you eat on MyFitnessPal, it will tell you how many calories you take in and your progress when you're trying to lose weight.

Good luck! :)