Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life is Too Short...

Or, I can also say "You never know" OR "What Motivates You"....

First, I am almost 63 years old....on Facebook I belong to groups from my hometown, also there is a group comprised of our H.S. Class of 1970 -

A spin off of that is a "Memorial" page, where people from our hometown, the same era, have passed away...I know, it's depressing to say the least to read the list of names of people you grew up with that are now gone.

In the last few weeks, there have been 3 names added to that page, one I read just a little while ago. A woman 6 years younger than me.

Thinking about mortality, one never knows....I look at the pictures of some of the guys I knew that have passed away, and I can't believe my eyes...what happened? How can someone let themselves go like that? The obesity related health issues...Don't people know what they are doing to themselves?

Look who's calling the kettle black...I had my crisis about 6 years ago...my name could have easily been on that list. I too was Obese, had cardiac issues including surgery, and a whole list of health related issues all from being obese and not eating healthy.

On one hand, you never know when it's your time....I can be gone in a blink of an eye.....on the other hand, I thank God I had this surgery! I thank God I was forced to learn to eat right, and healthy. I thank God I lost all that weight, and my health issues have been reversed and some totally gone.

THIS THING DOES WORK!!!! And will change, no, SAVE your life....

I know that the majority of people here are very young (in my eyes anyway)....but seriously...Think About it. Do you want to wait till you're 50 before you take action? It may be too late....it's all about "Quality of Life" and whats going to carry you into old age....

Like I said, no one has the answer to immortality, but right now, I feel more stronger and reinforced, motivated to explore newer healthier foods.

and at 5 am tomorrow morning, I'm headed to the gym and I'm going to run harder that I have run in months....(even if it kills me)

Thank you for letting me babble on.....

Edited by B-52

@@B-52, you are an inspiration!

B-52. Thank you for those words! I am one who waited until I was 56 to finally get up and take control of my life and health. Was banded on 7-22-14. I am new to this and your posts have helped me in ways you will ever know. You tell it like it is and I appreciate that. You are also an inspiration. I look forward to this new journey in my life. :)