Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the Forum-1 year banded

Hi,

I'm Freyda & had my banding on 5/16/06 with Dr. Christine Ren. I've lost 90 pounds & consider myself at goal.

I have not been the role model bandster & like most things in my life, I just push the envelope & have a hard time following the rules, but overall, I'm thrilled to have gotten the weight off.

I think for the year going forward, I am going to try harder to respect myself and the band.

Yes, for me, exercise is critical for both physical & mental health. For the last 15 years, I was overweight & depressed, now I'm back in shape & off my antidepressants as well.

I can only tell you about myself & for me, a lot of exercise works. I have been a competitive swimmer off & on at different times in my life. This year, I'm planning on doing some long distance swims that become the incentive to train. I did a small indoor triathlon in March-I only beat two other women, but I finished & I'm sure I was the only woman over 50 to be competing. I plan on improving next year when I do it. I'm now swimming with some other people who are different levels of swimming. I can remind myself that when I first started swimming after a 10 year absence I could only do 4 lenghths of the pool. It's the same every time I stop working out, I have to start from scratch & that might be 4 lenghths, but this year I plan on doing a six mile swim. I was thinking I'll start walking everywhere instead of using mass transportation just to get the feeling of moving for a few hours a day.

I do think exercise helps a lot, but what exercise & how much has to be a very individual thing. If you're wondering, just start doing something and congratulate yourself. It definitely gets easier & the best is when it's just routine & you're not forcing yourself to go, that is a joy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches