Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here. Excited for surgery in October

I've pretty much struggled with my weight since childhood. It took me two years to decide on having the surgery but my employer pays for it, I thought it would be crazy not to have it. I have a psych evaluation tomorrow and I believe they call it an EDG on September 15th. After that I should get a surgery date. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I know this will save my life.

Good for You! There are so many positive results from this surgery. I hope to get mine scheduled for November. Although my insurance doesn't pay for WLS, I am willing to pay for it myself to improve my health.

I've pretty much struggled with my weight since childhood. It took me two years to decide on having the surgery but my employer pays for it, I thought it would be crazy not to have it. I have a psych evaluation tomorrow and I believe they call it an EDG on September 15th. After that I should get a surgery date. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I know this will save my life.

Congratulations on your decision! My surgery is scheduled for 9/22. I'm currently doing all the tests. Each one isn't so bad, but the total amount of appointments gets overwhelming. Just taking one day at a time. My sister had her sleeve in December. She has met her goal, and couldn't be happier. I'm so happy for her and proud of her. She is my inspiration! Best of luck.

best place to get all the info and support you need. this site has helped me tremendously through my journey thus far. now that you have made your decision, you can set your goals and start prepping for a life of change. after all is said and done, you will likely regret waiting 2 years to have wls. best of luck and keep up posted as you progress through your transformation!

I won't be too far behind you. Can't wait to watch your journey. Can I ask what your sister's goal was?

Sure. She needed to lose 85 pounds. At 65 lbs down she really turned up the cardio and weight training. She makes sure to do some form of exercise everyday. At this stage she eats everything but grains, including small amounts of potatoes. Her new love is lentils.

Thanks so much for the information. I've got 130 lbs to lose but I'm so glad I found this community.

I've got 100 to lose, and I also am happy I found this. I'm learning so much just reading other posts.

Hey Paigecoop! I'm five days post and feeling great! How are you? Jolisue

I don't know how I missed your post. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling good. How's everything going. I've got a little over three weeks left.