Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well here it is the day before my surgery. Planning on getting plenty of exercise today since I normally walk 5-6 miles a day ad I know that will slow for a bit (at least at the pace I have been walking). Have to finish up some housework and finish lacking my bag for the hospital. Not nervous been through a lot of surgeries in the past from having breast cancer. A bit concerned I will never be able to get all the fluids in. I have been on a 10 day pre op liquid diet and only 1 day out of the 10 was I able to get in all my fluids and I can actually take big drinks at this point. That is the part that scares me. I will NEVER be able to do the puréed stage, I will have to stay on liquids for that portion because I am a very picky eater and I cannot eat ANY food that is mixed, I cannot stand Beans either so liquids it will be until soft foods, then I can do eggs, oatmeal etc. I am praying for a speedy and un eventful recovery. Good luck to everyone out there! I always find these forums very informative. Pre surgery I have lost 60 pounds I am 5'9" and will be going into surgery at around 225. People are saying you don't need the surgery but I feel that I do. I have taken weight off in the past, I just can't be able to keep it off. I have had weight problems since at least kindergarten. I hated weigh in day at school. I was teased throughout schoo, very self conscious and was teased. I want to be thin and stay thin. I want to be healthy and to "not live to eat.......but eat to live." That's my new motivation.

I was the same way. I have always been able to loose weight just could not keep it off; and with every pound I regained usually came another half with it. I chose not to tell people just didn't want to listen to there comments...lol. As for eating after the surgery, my pallet has completely changed so much it is not funny. The actual smell of something frying kind of nauseates me, and food that was my downfall (chips and such) I pass by with ease. For my pureed diet I made tuna salad and chicken salad (ranch) put it through the food processor (use fat free mayo)and mustard for moisture. It does not change the taste at all. Also you can puree cooked chicken breast and add them to cream of chicken Soup, it just makes it thicker.

Best wishes to you and hoping your surgery goes well.

Good luck to u and keep us posted...! my date is 9:15:14..ad am not scared i've also had a few surgeries...i just want the date to arrived and start getting rid of this Diabetes...

Edited by Pepper123

my surgery is tomorrow too. i thought i would be nervous by now but im not. I know im making the right choice. im hoping for a quick recovery for us both:) good luck tomorrow!!!

good luck. thinking of you....

Hhp what state are you from? Are you having the sleeve? Maybe we could stay in touch. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I just want it over and be on the road to recovery. I told a few people about the surgery and I regret telling them now. Lol.

The last few days before my surgery my wife and oldest daughter got real worried about me going through with the surgery because of my age, 65, and the fact that i had already lost 30lbs on the pre-op diet. They thought if I could do that then I did not need the surgery to lose the other 70 lbs i need to lose.

I had complete peace about it so I just appreciated their concern but went through with it. I knew I was going to feel pretty rough for the first couple of days.

The only rough part was the gas pains and that was completely gone in a few days. I can honestly say The only pain I have experienced otherwise is with horrible Constipation about a week ago. I am surprised at how well this has gone for me. I thank God for that.

These forums are really helpful. They help you see what others are going through so you know what to expect and see how others have handled complications they have had.

I pray the Lord keeps His hand on you all.

:)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Sounds like you have the best attitude ever, and you will enjoy success! I am 5' 10" and weigh 262. My goal is 149, although I'll be really happy to hit a healthy range BMI at 162.5. I will start the pre-op diet on 9/8. I am looking forward to walking like you, but right now I am way out of shape! This weight has literally been weighing me down to a pretty sedentary life. I'm looking forward to unzipping my fat suit and feeling energetic and healthy! What is your goal weight?

Will look forward to your posts when you feel up to it. Best wishes for an in eventful surgery and wonderful changes for you in the future!