Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast at work

I'll be returning to work on Monday, and was wondering what most people take for Breakfast at work? I work in a medical office and have access to a fridge and microwave. At home I've mostly been doing either Greek yogurt or eggs. I love the eggs, but don't have a way to cook them, and I'm afraid reheating will make them tough. I'd love some more ideas if you have them! Thanks!

I haven't had my surgery yet...my go to breakfast for workdays is a Protein shake...usually with almond milk and maybe some blueberries. I can drink it on the way to work and hit the ground running...

Protein shakes were my go-to when I went back to work as well. I knew I could tolerate them, and other foods were still hit-or-miss for awhile. But greek yogurt seems like another good option. I would definitely save the eggs for days off, because reheating them does make them tough. Or have them for dinner!

Boiled eggs, Premier Protein drink, or Greek yogurt are my typical work breakfast items.

I have a Protein smoothie for a late morning breakfast every workday. I'm on the road, so can't have anything that requires a plate. I just drink it in between appointments. Protein Bars are handy, too.

I also make a cake pan of crustless quiche (eggs, unflavored Protein powder, spinach, turkey sausage and cheese), cut into squares, wrap individually and freeze. Just grab one and toss it in the microwave at work. The unflavored Protein Powder kind of stiffens it up so you can just pick it up and eat it....no utensils required.

Cottage cheese or cooked fish. Your stomach doesn't know what time it is.

Yogurt is a good option and I hear ya about the eggs unless you like hard boiled eggs. I usually do a Premier Protein shake or sugar free carnation instant breakfast and skim milk. Good luck!

I have cooked eggs (scrambled) in the microwave at work in a tupperware or pyrex container. Trick is to still every 15 sec or so, only takes a few short nukes and stirs to cook all the way through. I add a little milk or Water for added steam moisture.

Other ideas are hard boiled eggs, yogurt, or making up a scramble with meat and bits of onion and pepper the night before and reheat at work.