Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had such extreme nausea and it is only getting worse. I can't really eat, and can barely drink and it is bad. My concern is that I am going to end up back in the hospital again.

I am taking two different nausea meds, Phenergan and Zofran. The only time I am not nauseous is, well, in my sleep. The very second I wake up it hits me.

Due to not having any nutrition, I am getting pretty weak, and it is rough. Tomorrow will be five weeks post op and I just want to feel better or find a time machine to go back to the day before surgery. I am also not able to choke down my Vitamins.< /p>

Man I hope you feel better soon...have you told your doctor all of this? What did they say?

My dr knows. I have seen him for the last two Thursdays. I've been in the hospital twice since my surgeries. He thinks it is just taking me a lot longer to have things stop being inflamed, etc since both the RNY and Hernia surgery.

I also have not had any medication for my Rheumatoid Arthritis in two months and I have to wonder if it may be playing a part in all of this.

I hope you begin to feel better soon. At your stage, the important things are Protein, fluids and Vitamins. The meals are somewhat unimportant because your body is converting you stored fat into energy. Are you able to drink your Protein shakes? I know they are horrible. But try and experiment with different ones until you find one you can stomach.

I was having a hard time with Vitamins too. I got Gummy ones. I can handle those. I had tried liquid ones and the ell alone made me sick.

For my Protein shakes I mix French vanilla powder. chocolate powder, almond milk and a half of cup of Decaf coffee. It's pretty good I can't taste the powder.

I had a rough 3 weeks after surgery but you have had it much worse. I hope you recover soon!

I hope you begin to feel better soon. At your stage, the important things are Protein, fluids and Vitamins. The meals are somewhat unimportant because your body is converting you stored fat into energy. Are you able to drink your Protein shakes? I know they are horrible. But try and experiment with different ones until you find one you can stomach.

I am not able to drink the Protein Shakes, and my surgeon knows.

Just out of curiosity...can they tell before hand if you have a hernia?

Not always. I actually found my hernia a few years ago. I went to the ER for chest pain and they did a chest ct and chest xray. I always get my medical records. They treated me for the chest pain and sent me along, never mentioning the hernia. I guess most of the time there are really no symptoms. Mine was very large and I had a lot of symptoms. Most all of my stomach was up in the chest cavity and it began to be twisted. If I had not had to have different tests like I had, it would not have been found. The hernia actually was the reason for my chest pain over the years, it was finally discovered.

I was having a hard time with Vitamins too. I got Gummy ones. I can handle those. I had tried liquid ones and the ell alone made me sick.

For my Protein shakes I mix French vanilla powder. chocolate powder, almond milk and a half of cup of Decaf coffee. It's pretty good I can't taste the powder.

I had a rough 3 weeks after surgery but you have had it much worse. I hope you recover soon!

Thank you so much. I'm glad you are doing better. I am not allowed to have decaf coffee. I wish I could! I am having a really hard time eating or drinking anything. I know this is not gonna end up being a good thing. I imagine I am starting to become a bit dehydrated, my urine is very dark.

I expect to be back in the hospital pretty soon. =(

@@pik NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I check the page every few days specifically to see how you're doing. I am so sorry this is still not resolving. You have had such an uphill battle with recovering. Have you considered a second opinion or having another doctor review your case? If not, ask your doc what he/she believes is a 'normal' estimated timeframe that you should start feeling better. That will at least give you something to shoot for and gives your doc a soft timeline as well. I'll keep checking in on you. GET WELL'ER' SOON!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

@@pik NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I check the page every few days specifically to see how you're doing. I am so sorry this is still not resolving. You have had such an uphill battle with recovering. Have you considered a second opinion or having another doctor review your case? If not, ask your doc what he/she believes is a 'normal' estimated timeframe that you should start feeling better. That will at least give you something to shoot for and gives your doc a soft timeline as well. I'll keep checking in on you. GET WELL'ER' SOON!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

You know I really haven't. I have actually been under three drs from the groups care through this. I think my dr is great, but I think I may be a tough case. I do have the issue of an auto immune disease with my Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I have to wonder if that is playing a part.

The hernia was absolutely huge. If you put your hands together to make a circle, that is about how big it was. The hiatus should only allow for the esophagus to fit through, but my whole stomach fit through.

They all seem to think I have a lot of inflammation and that they really had to pull everything very tight with the hernia.

I am calling in the morning to get an appointment. Most days I drink some sugar free gatorade and have a cheese stick. I can't handle much else.

I am gonna be that malnourished fat person..... crazy.

Poor Pik! You have really had a rough time with all of this! I hope you get some relief soon and start feeling good again!

No dr available until Friday and my dr not available until next Tuesday. I would think they would try and fit me in...

I spoke with the dietitian yesterday and she spoke with the dr there and he called me in some Reglan. My pharmacist called to tell me it wont be in until tonight so I haven't started it yet.

She just called me back today to check on me and said she was going to call me tomorrow as well. That's nice but right now I just don't feel any better....

I am so very sick right now. Just like right before the last 2 times I was admitted to the hospital. There is something stuck and it is not moving. I am just waiting for it to be coming up.

I can't drink anything so I won't be able to take my epilepsy medicine. The papaya enzyme isn't doing anything.

My life has become just awful since my surgery. =(