Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband with plication

Wow! You Poor thing! Take care of yourself... I have been eating way too much today, and had to use a suppository earlier. I think I'm emotionally eating from boredom, I am feeling like a loser :(

So sorry about your injury.

Hi all,

I'm about 70 lbs overweight and BMI 35 with diagnosis of pre-diabetic and pre-heart medications and told I have to get my weight down. I'm considering the Lap Band and wanted to see what others had to say about this. I read that there is a lot of regrets and pain. I wonder about overeating with the band, I hear you get nausea and vomit but yet I read of one lady who was bulimic with the band and would feast and purge. I have gastritis and fear that my stomach may not do well with this procedure, what do you think? I see the charts with weight loss progress and it looks like there is progress, but whats the time line, like how fast do you lose weight? Thank you for reading :)

Wow! You Poor thing! Take care of yourself... I have been eating way too much today, and had to use a suppository earlier. I think I'm emotionally eating from boredom, I am feeling like a loser :(

You aren't a loser! This is just the beginning for you and you have to start changing how you deal with food. Find something else to occupy you when you are hungry and bored. Does it help to drink Water or crystal light throughout the day to help you feel full? I'm sure once you get your first fill your hunger will go down. Hang in there! You will be successful!

Is the lap band with plication done if the lapband operation itself is not successful? I ask this because I see you had lapband surgery in 2007 and the plication recently?

I am puzzled and interested because I am stuck at the moment. I got the lapband in 2008 but have now put on half the weight I lost and am scared it will continue.

Gaylene

Hi all,

I'm about 70 lbs overweight and BMI 35 with diagnosis of pre-diabetic and pre-heart medications and told I have to get my weight down. I'm considering the Lap Band and wanted to see what others had to say about this. I read that there is a lot of regrets and pain. I wonder about overeating with the band, I hear you get nausea and vomit but yet I read of one lady who was bulimic with the band and would feast and purge. I have gastritis and fear that my stomach may not do well with this procedure, what do you think? I see the charts with weight loss progress and it looks like there is progress, but whats the time line, like how fast do you lose weight? Thank you for reading :)

You should start your own thread/topic. There are only 6 people following this thread so if you want more people to reply you should start your own topic. That way hundreds of eyes will see your question.

But to answer your question, there is no standard of how fast we lose and no time line. Each person is an individual and some follow the rules to a T and others don't. You'd be better off if you can use a PC and search through the different topics/threads to find your answer. It's been asked hundreds of times. You'll find many who have lost all their fat and others who failed completely.

Is the lap band with plication done if the lapband operation itself is not successful? I ask this because I see you had lapband surgery in 2007 and the plication recently?<br> I am puzzled and interested because I am stuck at the moment. I got the lapband in 2008 but have now put on half the weight I lost and am scared it will continue.<br> Gaylene

No, my user name is planningband07 because that's when I started planning to have lapband surgery! Lol it took me 7 years to finally have the insurance and the BMI just right to get it.

But, I do think Plication could be an added procedure. From what I've read it is actually an old type of weight loss surgery, they just started combining it with the band for more success.

It simply means they fold your stomach into itself and place some stitches to hold it in place. Some call it the sleeve without cutting because the end result is that your stomach is the size of the sleeve, but they do not use staples or have to re-route anything.

Hello ladies. I also had the Iband surgery ( imbricated lap band ) my surgery was July 12th and I am almost 7 weeks post op. I can relate to a lot of what you all have discussed????i.e. Gas pain, Constipation. But I never was nauseous! Thank goodness. But I am hungry!! In 6 weeks I am down 23 pounds. I have not had my band filled, but may have to ask my dr. for a fill. Anyway, no complications for me, I am now super comfy and back to normal, I exercise also. So... I think that as long as 2 pounds a week are coming off, I will get about 80 pounds off :) who knows. Slow and steady is what is happening here. I hope you all are recovering well. And would love to stay in touch, I don't know anyone who has had this surgery.

Hi Tonya! Glad to hear you are doing so well. I will see my doctor on Sept 10th and find out if I get a fill or not. I haven't really lost much weight, but I feel lighter and am learning to eat healthier and smaller portions because when I don't, it hurts! Lol chat more later, or send me a pm. Are you in Texas?

I read and followed my doctors instructions. I am not hungry or light headed. I didn't gain this weight in a week and realize the lapband is a tool. I am increasing my exercise slowly and learning to eat properly. Good luck on your journey