Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Broke down in tears today for a stupid ass reason

Am about 9 weeks out and have significant problems being able to burp.

Everyone else seems to be a burp magnet. Not me. It's so bad that sometimes in the middle of eating I finally get a small burp out but up comes the slime too. It's gross and well upsetting.

So today my hubby decides to pat me on the back after lunch. Just like you would a little baby. Seriously. Just like that and well I friggin burped.

Well I broke down crying like a baby. I have no idea why

I just did and still bothering me. This isn't the worst thing that could've happened. Big deal. But being burped like a baby helped and upset me incredibly.

Have you had a fill? Perhaps you are too tight. Go back and tell your doctor what you told us. I would even include the crying part because I know my doctor also wants to hear how we are doing emotionally, too.

I am going to venture to guess that the crying stems from fear. I'm almost a year out and I still question sometimes if I made a mistake in choosing the band. Altering your body is a huge thing!! But then I look in the mirror or put on my non-plus size clothes and see that I am doing just fine. Let's face it, you are not the same as before, and never will be. And the frustration of not being able to do something is painful. Go see your doctor and I'm sure things will be better.

ETA: Dang it!! I just saw that you are a sleever and not a bander!! Disregard the too tight--but keep the advice of going back to see your doc!!!

Edited by PuraVida37

Are you sure it was your husband burping you and not something ? Emotions can run high on this journey and when something as simple so we think like burping can become the last straw. Be happy hubby found an answer for you.... :)

This emotional part of it all passes and comes and passes again...Part of the journey!

I get emotional as well, and I think it is all part of the surgery and the way we are changing. I think my nut even mentioned chemical changes due to the surgery.

I think it's perfectly normal to be emotional at this point.

I did talk to doc at last visit two weeks ago. He said very very very small sip of seltzer or soda. Did that after dinner. It seemed to help. That and yet another pat on the back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches