Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need support and 7months post op

I am 7months out and I have to say that I have lost motivation. I literally fell off the wagon for 6months but I have stayed in a comfortable weight range. I lost 30lbs and loved my body even though my goal was 40lbs. I see myself doing the bad habits I was doing before the surgery i.e.: bored eating, over eating, snacking a lot with bad foods.

I guess I fell off the wagon because I lost that post op energy. After my surgery I felt amazing then all of a sudden I lost it. I don't know if it was stress or I was amazed at how good I looked. I haven't gone off my docs plan in so long that I've forgot how to eat. I eat a lot of Protein and nuts and know that he wants me to eat 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup every two hours but I'm eating way more than that. I probably eat 3/4 of a cup to a cup of food every two hours. Any suggestions on how to lower my food intake without feeling hungry? Has anyone else fell off the wagon but then picked themselves up? I also cancelled my gym membership because I never went but I am trying Kayla intese workout plan now since I can do it at home. Has anyone tried joining a cross fit gym? Has anyone ever gone to a gastric sleeve support group? I just moved so I don't really have any friends here to work out with which sucks!

Does this sound about right?

Here is what I can remember my doc telling me to do:

60g protein a day

64 Fluid oz

1/4-1/3 cup every two hours

Veggies don't do any good

Work out at least 4-5 times a day

I'd say 4-5 times a week you should work out (not per day), go walking outside maybe you'll meet people that way, and I'm sure veggies have value, just not the ones that are high in starch like corn and potatoes. Worse thing you can do is give up!

I think veggies may do a lot of good for you if you can tolerate them. Eat your Protein first then fill up on veggies and Water, that way you may not need to decrease your food portion but you get rid of unnecessary calories.

I have suggestions but low on time right now so just sharing first idea. Did I understand that you only followed the eating plan for one month? How close to goal are you?

My first suggestion is to do a big reset. Eat super clean for a week...endure the hunger temporarily because it will pay off. The simple way is to do a liquid diet (Protein shakes) for a week to "reset" things. Avoid Protein Bars and any high carb processed food during that week. Google pouch test for different approaches but the point is to sort of start over and help get the feeling of restriction back.

I stuck to the eating plan for a month to a tee then afterwards I starting eating a little bit everything but I worked out 6 day a week. Working out I think helped me lose the most weight. I am 10lbs away from my goal. I only needed to lose 40lbs total. Does anybody still journal their intake and exercise? I tried googling a chart but couldn't find one. I would love to "restart" I just don't know how.

Edited by misstar05

This question is not meant to offend you or anyone else at all; I am truly just interested in your reasoning. Am I understanding correctly that you had a VSG in order to lose 40 lbs?

I can relate I fell of the wagon I'm 6 months post and lost only 30lbs...after about 3months I lost focus..I feel like I'm back to my bad habits and the fact that I feel like a failure I think is making me eat more....I snack way to much I don't get my Water in I eat to much carbs on a positive note I work out about 3 times a week and I try and get my Protein in . have sleep apnea and I'm treating it but when I don't get my proper sleep I tend to eat more. So I need to get back on track I'm to embarrassed to go back to my doctors I know I have to I really need to get back on track.....please help

Well going back to your nutrionalist or surgeon might be good to get support and guidance.

Myfitnesspal is an awesome tracking tool for food and activity.

The key is to go back to the basics of eating to lose weight. Are you saying you don't know what those basics are?

Yes, I got the sleeve to lose weight and help my overall health issues. 40lbs was my goal but if I lost more then I would be happy. I was in the army and we had to workout every day and I never lost weight and if I did I would gain it back.

Does everyone eat per 1/3 cup every two hours or do you measure it by oz? Is there a certain time of day everyone stops eating? I usually stay up late hours for school purposes. So when I stay up late I get hungry.