Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

changing bariatric dr after surgery?

Has anyone changed bariatric surgeons after their wls? I have done questions, need advise.

I have not done this personally, but if you feel the need for follow-up and you have questions that haven't been answered by your current surgeon, then by all means, find someone who can help/support you!

My Bariatric Surgeon retired after my surgery. I was referred to a new Dr. by his office. I meet with my new bariatic Dr. on August 28 for my 3 month check up.

I started with 1 Dr for my lap band surgery & had different insurance during difficult times which resulted in revision surgery through a different insurance. And now, I'm actually back to another insurance again. I haven't found that replacement surgeon, but am looking. Mind you, this is all within a 2 year time frame :)

You didn't mention why you're changing, but I'm guessing it could be as a result of insurance. Contact your current insurance company & ask them if they cover bariatric, and what Dr's are in your area,

Not because of insurance but because I felt invisible to him and he's made me feel like I'm a bother with my questions. I've posted my experience on other threads and I won't repeat it here but I told my family Dr I didn't want to see our bariatric dr again and he called our bariatric dr and told him so he could get blood work orders. At my husband's appt today he said he heard I was mad at him and didn't want to see him again and asked why. So I told him the main reasons (not all though) and he apologized. I will give him another chance. We see him in two months for our three month follow up.

Am just disappointed with my whole experience, though I'm sure he did a great job with the surgery. I just hope he's more receptive to me. That's all I ask. I don't want to feel like a number and a $57,000 paycheck to him.

Edited by itsmekarenlee