Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be having my first consultation at AIGB in Hurst in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if they will do the surgery at the same location?

hi Joaquin,

you will more than likely have your surgery at the Surg Center Ft. Worth. i was banded there and they are VERY nice. who is you MD?

I think that it will be Dr Marsden but I don't know that yet. Where is the surgery center in Ft Worth?

Marsden does his surgery in the same building AIGB is in. I know he also does it at other locations but that is an option. It is right across the street from Wal Mart in Hurst on Precinct Line.

Good luck! When is your appointment? I go in tomorrow morning for the rest of my pre-op testing.

I know exactly where that is. My appointment is next week but I have been told that sometimes your insurance will not approve the surgery at one center because of costs but will approve it at another. My insurance requires the 6 month diet so it may be a while for me, even though I have been doing that already.

I know exactly where that is. My appointment is next week but I have been told that sometimes your insurance will not approve the surgery at one center because of costs but will approve it at another. My insurance requires the 6 month diet so it may be a while for me, even though I have been doing that already.

My insurance did not approve my surgery at the outpatient center in Hurst. I have to go to a hospital an hour away :( You would think the insurance company would be all about saving some cash. Instead I have to go to a hospital and they approved 2 days stay. Oh well at least my insurance will pay for it. I think I would have driven a lot farther if they told me too!

My insurance did not approve my surgery at the outpatient center in Hurst. I have to go to a hospital an hour away :( You would think the insurance company would be all about saving some cash. Instead I have to go to a hospital and they approved 2 days stay. Oh well at least my insurance will pay for it. I think I would have driven a lot farther if they told me too!

Do you know why they would not approve the surgery center and which insurance do you have? One of the reasons that I picked this center was because of the location. I also thought that this was a day surgery, will I have the stay in the hospital also?

I have Federal BCBS Basic TX. According to my insurance it is not an outpatient surgery. They will approve it in an impatient facility only. I do not have to stay overnight but it has to be an option. Because my doctor does no practice at any of the local hospitals I have to drive to Denton where his other practice is.

Are you having your surgery at Presby Denton? I have Dr. Marsden also but I have Cigna, do you think that I may have the same dilemna?

I am going to Wise Regional. All policies are different so i really dont know the answer to that. Probably Dr Marsden's insurance department or you could call your insurance co and ask them if it would have to be at an impatient facility. Really though my question to you is if they said you have to drive an hour away does it change you wanting to get this done? For me the answer was no! I would drive to Canada if that is where they told me to go. On the other hand you can start over in your approvals process and find another doctor who also does surgeries at a local hospital if that is an issue. Maybe someone on the insurance board has experience with your particular company and could give you more specific answers. GOOD LUCK!!!