Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, I'm fairly new at all of this.

I'm 37 soon to be 38 in November and just want to be healthy for my hubby and for my two kids. I live in N. Ga. and stay at home. I love to go to my kids school and volunteer.

I've been doing research for about 1 week on the lapband. Who to use, where to go and why. Costs? The pros and cons of all. It is all scarey, but it is something that I need to do. I am planning on going to MX for lapband.

Anybody have any tidbits that you'd like to share about your experience with lapband?

welcome gagirl!

i'm sure you'll find loads and loads of info in all the various threads here on this site. it's all free for the taking. if you have something more specific, we'll all be glad to try to answer.

as for me. i've been banded since may 2003, rebanded in july. lost 67lbs and have re-gained health i thought i'd lost forever. i was banded in the US, so I can only tell you i've heard some great things about MOST mx docs, not all.

good luck to you!

Thank you! With --67 you have done great. I hope I do as well!!

Congrats on your wgt loss, and again thank you.

gagirl

Gagirl,

If you can't find the info on lapband here it probably doesn't exist. I wish I had known about this site before I was banded and I won't have put it off as long as I did.

All my medical problems I have had recently are weight related and they are disappearing one by one. It is just great. Can't believe how much better I feel both physically and mentally. Dropped the sleep I need every day from 8 to 10 hours to 6. Much more energy. I have sleep Apnea and have to wear a mask when ever I sleep. Now this is bothering me and I saw my neurologist about it and he has me going back to the Sleep Center for a re-eevaluation on OCt 31. He thinks I either need the amout of pressure turned down or I don't need the breathing assist at nite anymore. Hoping its the latter.

I was scared also before my surgery and it turned out to be a snap. Had banding on a Tuesday and was back full time at work on Friday. Vertually no pain. Had my first fill last friday and was nervious about that. I didn't feel a thing and the Dr had trouble getting into the port due to how I scared internally from the incision. Had to make 4 tries before he got in and I felt nothing and had no pain at the site of the injections after I left the office.

So sit back relax. make your arraignments and enjoy the new life that lies ahead of you. Other then marrying the woman I did, this is the best thing I have ever done.

good Luck

Greg