Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amount in band & guilt

This may sound crazy but I had a band and plication on 12/30 with starting weight of 268 and I started getting fills in March. I had lost about 28 then. I am down to 227 and I have 6 1/2 cc in a 14 cc band. I still don't have a lot of restriction and my weight loss in the last month or so is none or very little, but for some reason I feel guilty like maybe I am just pigging out because I don't feel resistriction. I am eating between 1250-1350 calories a day and to this day I have NEVER had a problem of any kind! I am grateful for that. Is it nuts that in my mind I figure if I haven't hit my sweet spot by now I must be doing something wrong????? Do most people have more than 6 or 7 CC's in their bands???

It sounds like you need a follow visit for another fill. Are you eating beyond a signal that you are full and don't need more food? Is your Protein intake adequate?

If you eat fast, without chewing a lot, and can eat anything without slowing down, I'd guess you are not in the green zone.

I doubt any of us, including me, will lose any more weight until we have restriction because not having restriction means that we don't have any deterrent... and let's face it, isn't that why we got the band in the first place? I'm facing the same problems. I got banded Feb. 17 of this year. I was at 248... then lost 49-50 lbs since. Now I'm stuck and that's because I can eat just about anything, although I don't. But I do eat more than I should even though I don't eat bread, Pasta or potatoes. I still have some things I shouldn't and I don't limit my intake as much as I could and should.

Just my two cents!!

Karen

Richmond, VA

Unlike other types of Bariatric surgeries, the band is adjustable, and it needs to get properly adjusted to work the way your Dr. has it in mind for you....also, I found in my experience, as the band got gradually adjusted, so did I have to adjust myself along with it....and that may have been the hardest obstacle of all....I had an entire life of embedded bad habits, and wrong inaccurate views/beliefs as to how it should really be between me and food, and eating.

If somebody could have somehow shown me how I would be eating as I do today, I would have said they were crazy...nobody can live like that....but then again I was eating enough on a daily basis to feed an entire family.

I have a 10cc band....From reading posts and talking with a few people, having a 14cc band is an entire different experience...so 6-1/2cc may be different for you than it is for the next person.

I have a 14cc band. my doctor told me that 8.5 to 9.0 is usually a norm. it turned out to be to much for me. I think a 8.0 would be perfect. if you are hungry between meals u need to have a adjustment done. talk with your doctor

I have a 14cc band but no 1 has explained the different sizes and how it is determined who gets what. I'm 8 weeks post op and I have 5.5cc I had 4cc put in during surgery. Can anyone tell me why there are different sizes and how do they decide what to use on different patients? Please