Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 07 Bandsters: May Challenge

Babygrl -- I did it! :clap2: I participated in a 1-mile Fun Run/Walk yesterday with my kids, DH & Mom! So what if we were dead last across the finish line?!? I already KNOW it takes me half an hour to walk a mile at my fastest pace!!!! :) My goal was to finish the "girls" race before the "boys" race began, and that we did!!! It wasn't a "K" anything, but it was a group event -- and I did it!! :what: I owe you my thanks, I wouldn't have considered participating if you hadn't mentioned the 5?8?K you are training for... So thank you, thank you!

Suzanne you are so awesome!!!!!!! I am so proud of you for finishing that race. I am sure when I do my 5K I am going to end up dead last (or next to last as my running partner and I are not sure which one will go ahead of the other lol) but I am just excited to do it. It gives me something to look forward to and get ready for. I have enver finished something I have started in my life and I know I am going to do this and I can't wait until I get the amazing feeling of acomplishing something I set out to do. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting running day. Week three training is going to be two repetitions of running 90 seconds, walking 90 seconds, running 3 minutes, walking 3 minutes. I have never run 3 minutes straight in my adult life so I am a little intimidated, that's for sure.

As for the fill I am going to get it. I went to a graduation party yesterday and though I ate less than I used to I know I ate too much. My son's birthday party is today so I am going to enjoy the food and cake and know that tomorrow it is all going to change again. I will also be checking out my wieght tomorrow. My coworkers had an intervention for me because of my daily wieghing in habit lol. I don't have a scale at home just for that reason but I am contantly on the scale at work. I am only allowed to wiegh on Mondays now and let me tell you that will be harder for me than dieting.

I'm not running any marathons or anything like that, but I have been getting my workouts in every day. I've been varying my workouts, too. Getting really tired of just walking, so I've been bicycling, doing a ball workout (which is really fun).

Right now, I'm battling a nasty cough. I won't be working out today.... :)

Travelgirl -- Hope you are feeling better today...:sick

Babygrl1234 -- What's the word on your fill? :) And too funny about the scale intervention! :heh: I pop on mine every morning just to see which direction it is headed! :) But I put no faith in its numbers since both my kids "hop" on it, too. I try to get down to my clinic's scale every Wed or Thurs, but that doesn't happen each week. I learned my lesson after adjusting my ticker to reflect a home weigh-in only to discover the very next week that the numbers at home & the numbers at the clinic didn't match. Mentally, I gained 2 pounds in about 45 minutes! :omg: Argh! So now I only update the ticker after a clinic weigh-in & I monitor the scale at home only to make sure I've not GAINED or plateaued.:nervous

Keep up the good work, girls! :clap2: Are we meeting up again in June? (Did I just say JUNE?? How can it be nearly summer already?)

Suzanne :kiss2:

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge ~ 20 & 20

WATER: 8 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 7 of 20 workouts (30 min)

I am definitely up for monthly challenges....keeps me on my toes.

The word on the fill is that it has been done. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown in my nurses office this morning. I think it is PMS she thinks it is mild depression. We both could be right. The Dr. said that I should be losing faster at this point. I fessed up to the double cheeseburger and he increased me from 2.25cc to 2.75cc. Whoa buddy do I notice a difference already! All I have had was about 1/2c of sf pudding and I am stuffed. Is this what true restriction feels like?

I cannot believe it is almost June. I really have to get my butt out on my bike if I am going to ride to work this summer. 12 miles there and 12 miles home I figure I can do easy peasy after a bit of training. I am more worried about my legs than my lungs that's for sure. Plus my co-workers are kind of teasing me about it, not in bad way but just joking that if I make it there I better have a ride home lined up. So now I have to do it even if just to prove them wrong.

My legs are sore as heck from I don't know what this weekend. Yardwork, mowing the lawn maybe? I wish I could say it was from sex because at least that is more interesting than pain from mowing a darn lawn. My 3 mile walk was a bit on the slower side today because of it and my running is going to wait until tomorrow. I don't want to overdo it, plus I am going to the track with my 5K buddy which freaks me out just a bit. I have been running out on the treadmill until now and running in public scares me. But hey we can do anything right?

Hope everyone is having a great day. 10 more days until the end of the month so anything goes now. Two 30 minute workouts in one day counts as two workouts. I want everyone to make the exercise goal with me.

Ok, I finally sat down with my calendar, and here's how I'm doing:

I've hit goal on my Water intake, and have 4 more workouts to go... already got 15 minutes of one of those under my belt for today!

I'm feeling a little better, still a bit stuffy, though. Mucinex is a Godsend.

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

WATER: 21 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 16 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Okay it is official. I have justreturned from my 3 mile walk (not so fun at 80 degree outside). I made it! 20 and 20 woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I just did 15 minutes/3 miles on the stationary bike here, so I'm done for the day....

WATER: 22 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 17 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Awesome job!!!!!

Well I just did the unimaginable....I ran for 3 minutes straight. Not only did i do it once but twice!!! I am mighty impressed with myself right now.

Way to go! I was just telling my hubby about your accomplishment, and he's mighty impressed with you right now, too! LOL!!

You should be so proud of yourself!

As of this morning: :(

WATER: 23 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 18 of 20 workouts (30 min)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

.......one more workout to go!!!!!!!!!

WATER: 24 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 19 of 20 workouts (30 min)<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->