Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 07 Bandsters: May Challenge

Hey y'all.

Work has been so busy that I haven't had time for the computer when I get home. I just am mentally exhausted.

Babygrl great advice on the Water jugs. I'll try that. I guess I do better with H20 if I count my Protein drink and energy drink. I make those both with Water.< /p>

Thank you for your encouragement. You're doing great.

Keep up the great work everyone.

May challenge

3 days 64oz

0 day exercise.

Hey y'all! Yeah, I'm here...I've been reading posts as they come into my email box. Actually, I'd typed in a fairly long post last night when our power went out & I lost it. But I just haven't had the motivation to re-type it. :tired

I've been chugging along (not literally) with the Water, but just not quite making 64 by the end of the day. And I'm on the treadmill every other day -- which needs to be M-F at least, if not daily. So I'm doing it all, just not as much as I should be.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but the funk continues... Y'all are doing so well! Keep up the good work! I'm hoping you'll rev me up with your enthusiasm!

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

WATER: 3 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 4 of 20 workouts (30 min)

You know what Zannie that is amazing. Not the whole funk part but the fact that even in your funk you are getting on the treadmill. To me that was always the hardest part, exercising while I am feeling down. Be proud of that girl!

I think everyone is doing a great job. We are still new and getting used to our bands. Many of the people who have been banded longer did not start exercising right away and we are taking the initiave to do so.

Target sells these "WaterU " jugs that look just like Water cooler bottles, with a sport top & a built in handle. They're $3.99 and dishwasher-safe, too. The jugs hold 2.2 liters, thus your Daily 8 glasses of Water. (They are made by www.dscproducts.com but their website only sells the bottles in bulk.)

The collection of water containers my hubby's gone thru in the last few years to find soemthign that doesn't actually leak is astounding. He swears by the WaterU jugs. DH fills one in the morning, carries it with him to work, sips on it all day, and won't go to bed until he finishes the jug-worth of water. He loves that he can just toss it in the car or his gym bag & not worry about leaking it at all.

But I can't stand room-temp water so I've never followed suit. Still, I've been thinking I should try filling my own & ~as a stay-at-home-mom~ keeping it in the fridge to pour from or carry-n-go as the day may call for.

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge ~ 20 & 20

WATER: 3 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 5 of 20 workouts (30 min)

That is the same kind of bottle I use, only I bought mine at Meijer. We ahve like 3 of them around here. One for both my husband and I at home that I keep in the fridge and I have one at work that I drink out of all day. I almost always have my Water done by the time I leave work and it is so easy to measure using that bottle.

Anyhow y'all better hold up the fort while I am on vacation this weekend. It is our annual "girls weekend" so I will be at a hotel with my mom, grandma, 4 aunts, and 2 cousins. I have already packed my sack of 100 calorie snack packs and ff pudding and yogurt. Wish me luck!!!! Oh and the hotel has a workout room so if I am working out I expect y'all to do the same!! =)

THIS PLATEAU IS FRIGGIN KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been at the same weight since May 3. If I am only eating 800 calories and working out at least once, usually twice a day, how does this seem possible? I know that weight loss slows down but I was not expecting it 3 months in.

I am so darn frustrated. How was everyone elses weekend?

Hey y'all! :wave: How's everybody doing? Good to have you back, BabyGrl! I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day weekend. Mine was fun ~ and active, too. Plus ... I got in all my Water for the last 3, yes, THREE days!

Now, nobody faint on me!:faint:

Two out of three ain't bad, right? Because my diet has been just awful! We were at the festivities for Jamestown's 400th Anniversary on Saturday (read: junk food vendors & no diet/band-friendly food in sight!), Mother's Day brunch was delicious & low-carb but fattening, and then I was even treated to a special Mother's Day dinner (coconut shrimp & cheesecake), too! Yum-O! I'm going to regret the weekend of "cheating foods" come Thursday, but I'm happy to say that while I ate poorly I did NOT overeat!! I'm taking that as a point in my favor! :biggrin1:

That's right -- I go for my official weigh-in and Fill #2 on Thursday! :clap2:

Suzanne :high5:

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

WATER: 5 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 6 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Great job Suzanne. I had a very poor weekend of eating too but I figured I am entitled to that every once in awhile. I was with my Mom, Grandma, cousins and four Aunts for our annual Mother day weekend get away. SO you know there was a ton of food there. I certainly could not eat as much as I used to but I did not eat very healthy things. Plus there was ground bologna there. Sounds gross I know but it is the most delicious sandwich on the planet. Of course I could not have a sandwich but it was yummy with crackers! And I got my workouts and Water in so that was a good thing.

You two are doin great with Water and exercise. Keep it up! It's motivation for me.

Still doing well with H20, exercise I'm parking farther and that's about it still.

I've been eating more too! Gained 3 lbs. I scheduled my next fill 5/24. I really hope that helps,

TTYL

Bad bad day yesterday. I ate an entire double cheeseburger...including bun. Sigh. Guess it is time for a fill.

Ha! :heh: A bun...yummm! If you're gonna go, that's the way to GO! :hungry:

Last night I was cleaning out the freezer before an overdue big grocery shop and I thought I'd just bake up the last of a the tater tots (for my kids) & popcorn shrimp (I love fried shrimp) to reheat today & tomorrow. I portioned out the shrimp for my dinner, wasn't the least bit full, so I went back for more... I ended up eating all the shrimp & all the tater tots!!! I haven't had potatoes at all while not on mushies! And that's was a bigger serving of food than I would have eaten pre-Band!! :) ARGH! :) What the hell was I thinking?? Oh yeah, I remember. I was thinking, "Well, this is my last solid food for 4 days, so..." :phanvan Plus, my DH brought me a 7-11 Crystal Light Slurpee on his way home (my "normal people" treat that's not straying from the plan, but makes me feel like I've cheated) -- and I ate all of that, too. On top of that, I didn't hit the Water mark or exercise yesterday. Ugh.

And today's my 2nd fill!!!!! A) how awful to have eaten all this bad food 1st on the weekend & then again last night just before weighing-in, and :o looks like this fill is coming in the nick of time! :o

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge ~ 20 & 20

WATER: 7 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 6 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Yeah well it was also right before my bariatric support group last night lol. I fessed up and told them all at which point my nurse said she was making me an appointment on Monday. I am just so stressed out with this damned plateau. Since I started counting calories and working out everyday usually twice I have lost zilch. Finally I said screw it and ate the burger. Ugh.

Tatertots get stuck for me. Every single time. You would think I would learn but nope I always try one. Go figure, I can eat a while double cheeseburger and get stuck on one effing tater tot.

But hey I have to stay positive here so I did manage to run for 90 seconds straight this week lol. Hubby had to force me on the treadmill last night because of my bad day but I am glad that he did. He also did not get himself any icecream last night when his dad sent him out to get him some (he lives with us) because he did not want to eat it in front of me. I thought that was really sweet.

Awwwww! That was really sweet!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I was out of town for a 4-day weekend, and when I got back, I couldn't access any threads. Must have been something wrong with the servers or something, because I've been reading that other people had intermittent problems, as well....

Anyway, I've been doing great with my Water, and almost as good on my workouts. I'll have to look at my calendar at home to figure out how many workouts I've gotten in.....

I seem to have hit a plateau as well, but I'm sure it's because of all the junk I've been eating. I can't seem to get back on track. Hershey's Kisses with Peanut Butter are evil.

I'm going to redouble my efforts to get back on track with my eating, and go back to the bandster rules, lean Protein first, veggies next, and any carbs I still have room for and still want last.

Probably doesn't help that Aunt Flo will be visiting any minute now (Nuva-ring keeps my cycles regular, so I know when she's coming) so I've been alternately craving salt and sweet.... So frustrating.

Hey ladies how is everyone holding up. I did some massive amounts of yard work yesterday so now I am super sore. I am going to reek of icy hot for the rest of the day!

So I am having a dilemma about getting filled. I have some restriction, I really do. I still get food stuck sometimes but I don't know if it is due to my restriction or due to me taking too large of a bite. But I can eat way too much on occasions. Like when I was upset about my plateau and took out my frustrations on a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds (with bun). If I can eat a whole burger then I should need a fill right?

I know I am eating way less than I was before. But I feel like I can eat too much still.

So I am having a dilemma about getting filled. I have some restriction, I really do. I still get food stuck sometimes but I don't know if it is due to my restriction or due to me taking too large of a bite. But I can eat way too much on occasions. Like when I was upset about my plateau and took out my frustrations on a double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds (with bun). If I can eat a whole burger then I should need a fill right?

I'd wager you've become complacent about chewing because your restriction isn't what it once was. I know I have!!! The word adjustment is perfect for what we get to do with fills -- adjust the band, and adjust your bad habits! And the plateau really makes me think you could use a fill, frankly. How's your weight loss now...? If you're not loosing 1-2 lb. a week, and can eat more than 1/2 cup of food at a sitting, then it's adjustment time at my clinic.

(Listen to me talk as if I actually know something! This from a girl who didn't loose a single ounce between May 5th and May 17th. :))

Suzanne