Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 07 Bandsters: May Challenge

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge ~ 20 & 20

WATER: 2 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 2 of 20 workouts (30 min)

I did, in fact, take the kiddies to see the Queen on Thursday. We had a really fun time; my son was enthralled by the whole hoopla! And I got a good walk out of it, with our 22# lil' girl strapped to my hip the whole time! While I didn't do my walk on Friday, I am about to jump on the treadmill right now.

I knew that it was gonna be the exercise that did me in if I wasn't careful. I need to get a routine going so that it fits naturally in with my day, but UGH! :Banane43: I'm determined to have lost 40 lbs by 3-months post-op, so I'd better get cracking!

Suzanne

I'm here, is it just the 3 of us on this thread? LOL! I'm gonna have to get back in gear with my exercise, I've been slacking off. I still have time to get in my 20 in 20, though!

Yeah I think it might be just the three of us.

Zannie that is awesome that you got to go see the queen. I got to go see Bill Clinton when he spoke at my high school in 96 but seeing the queen is waaay cooler.

SO yesterday I committed to doing a 5K in July. Obviously not to win it or anything I just want to finish it. This girl I work with and I were both talking about it yesterday so we are going to motivate ourselves to get this done. We printed up the couch to 5K training plan from www.coolrunning.com and I am starting that on Monday. Our ultimate goal is to run in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. That however is a 10K so I am really hoping that I can get enough running in in the next 6 and a half months to do it.

Okay, I went to the coolrunning.com site...not that I have any intention of doing a 5K, but more to see what craziness YOU signed on for! :( And I about split a stitch when I saw this...

"Beautiful Cape Cod is the place to be for the 30th Dunkin’ Donuts Cape Cod Marathon and Marathon Relay"

Now that's the kind of race I'd like to cross the finish line for! :heh: Though, personally, I'm a Krispy Kreme kinda girl!

Zannie there is a 5K probably about an hour, hour and a half away from my house that is called something along the lines of Blah Blah pizza 5K. I wanted to sign up just to eat pizza. As it is the 5K we signed up for happens to be part of this twons festival so we planned on hitting the beer tent afterwards! lol

Really though I want a challenge. I want to plan to do somethng and achieve it. I don't want to bitch and moan about it being too hard and give up. I want to do it and finish it. And let me tell you when I cross that finish line (when not if) I will probably be bawling like a little girl because for me to start and finish something....now that is a new frontier.

I'd be there cheering you on if I could be there! I know what you mean about not finishing something. Except for a meal.... *sigh*

Gotta go, I'm getting on my treadmill now.....I noticed that you've exercised EVERY day this month so far, and I'm feeling like a big ol' slacker.....

Ok, I did it! I had already gotten in my 64 ozs, and I just did 30 minutes on my treadmill. I have sweat dripping from my hair onto my neck, ears and shoulders....For the first time today, I put it on an incline while I walked. My legs are all tingly now... Got a pretty good cardio in!

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

Water: 2 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 2 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Good going, TravelGirl! :clap2: I have not dared adjust the incline yet! Maybe when it no longer takes me 45 min to do a mile, I'll start raising the platform! :)

BabyGrl, I looked further into that race site. There's an 8K about 1-1/2 hours from here in late September. I can't imagine doing it...I really cannot. But you've got me at least thinking......... A real GOAL with the exercise, an end result which you otherwise don't GET from exercise (especially on a treadmill) might be something. I shudder to at the thought! :(

But maybe...maybe... My clinic offers a monthly Lap-Band support group, as well as a Bypass group. Perhaps I will research the "whats" of the Sept 8K and mention it at the next meeting. (Or the one after that -- not sure how committed I can get myself to be in a week & a half!! :heh:)

Count me in. I've really struggled getting Water down since being banded and it's frustrating because I used to be able to drink 80+ ounces every day. This will motivate me.

Ya know, BabyGrl & TravelGirl we had Ambrosia with us that 1st day, but seem to have lost Sharon along the way!

I noticed a profound silence in the April Challenge, too, as the month drew short! Why do you think that is? Certainly it's no insult to the company kept on the Challenge thread(s), because the same people post on our main Feb thread.

Perhaps motivation waned for everyone (not just me!) and it was easier not to post than to face another failure? I'm not a competitive person by nature (control-freek closeted in a laid back personality, but no competitor), but maybe "not winning" turned some of us off? I don't know. What are your thoughts?

Regardless, I'm glad you prodded at least the 3 of us on to a 2nd challenge, BabyGrl, because I need some accountability with this exercise shit! :(

Suzanne

Girl I effed up so bad the last week of the month that I did not even want to talk about it lol. Just made me more determined to do better now. I have been having some body issues. I know I am getting smaller, I know I have lost 45 pounds but I still see the 278 pound me in the mirror. DH just took some new pictures and I can't deny it any longer. I am a bit smaller. I have to admit it felt pretty darn good.

Travelgirl great job on the exercise! Yeah I have worked out every day so far this month. Actually this was my 7th day in a row working out lol. Dr. Bacal called me out and now I want to go back in for my appointment on June 4th and show him that I can do it. But honestly I am starting to have a lot more energy. I am going out and playing with my kids, riding my bike, playing tennis with DH. I am just being more active in general.

I'm new to the thread, but would like to join. I know I'm late, but hope to still make the 20 & 20. I really need some help with both. haven't exercised once, since banded and after readin your threads, I feel like I'm wasting prime time of loosing by not using my band to the fullest.

It's been 2 years since exercising and I need some motivation bad. I still struggle with getting in 64oz each day I only average around 42oz.

Still feel good with progress, but I do need to speed things up for summer.

Welcome skinny jeans!!!! Exercise is definitly key to getting this weight off faster. In fact it will probably help you with your Water if you go walking and take a bottle with you. I always drink at least 20oz when I am on the treadmill. Even if you don't ahve access to a treadmill take it around the block with you. Just think if you have 30 minutes to spend on the computer you have 30 minutes to workout. It sucks and you might hate it but just get up and get it done. You can do it girl!

How is it going today ladies? I just got my excercise in at work during my lunch break. I am not sure how far I went but I did walk for a full hour. My legs are definitly burning now!