Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 07 Bandsters: May Challenge

All right Y'all. It's a new month so begins a new challenge. Since I am kindabossy and kinda ticked off that I screwed up the last 10 days or so in April we are going to redo the challenge. Plus since we waited until last minute and it is already May 1st that is the easiest thing to do lol. So if there are no arguments then lets redo the 20 and 20 challenge. For those who were notin it last month that is 20 days with 64 ounces + of Water and 20 days of 30 minutes of execise. Who is in with me?

Babygrl1234- Starting weight May 1st 239 lbs. Goal: to be down 8 lbs.

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge ~ 20 & 20

WATER: 0 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 0 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Personal Target: -10# (2 lbs a week), plus water & exercise

Here we go (again)... :cheer2:

Suzanne

I got in trouble at the doctors yesterday. Maybe not bad trouble but he made me feel pretty darn guilty. I am pretty honest about about what I eat and exercise and it has not been too good lately. I lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which is good but not as good as it should be if I was following everything to a T. Plus with my new early shift I can't work our before work since I start at 5 am. When I told him I hated working out and thats why I can't get it done in the afternoon he said to me "What do you hate more, working out or being fat". The man makes a good point. So I am on it now. I have my Water next to me and I am walking on my break. If I have it all done before I leave work then I don't have to worry about it at home. Let's all strive to beat the 20 and 20!!!!!!!!!

That's what I've been doing. Walk for 15 minutes on break mornings and afternoons, then I'm DONE, and I can do what I want in the evenings.

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

WATER: .33 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: .5 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Done! Drank my Water already today, and walked 30 minutes....

Feb'07 Bandsters: May Challenge~20 & 20

WATER: 1 of 20 days drinking 64oz

EXERCISE: 1 of 20 workouts (30 min)

Count me in. I've really struggled getting Water down since being banded and it's frustrating because I used to be able to drink 80+ ounces every day. This will motivate me.

Yesterday was a pretty decent day. We had a bit of a celebration at work for the one year anniversary of our department. A rep brought in sandwiches from Panera and cake so I did have a bit of that, but only a bit. One taste was enough and that made me feel pretty good. Plus I worked out at like 7:45 pm which is a huge deal for me. I am definitly an am workerouter. But I felt pretty darn good once I got on the treadmill. The headache I had went away for a little while, it was nice. Hope everyone else had a good day!

Oh and I am also insituting a new policy for myself today. If I don't know the calories/protien of something then it is not going in my mouth. That means packing a lunch now since all cafeteria food will be pretty much off limits. I have to stop thinking that if I don't know the calories then the calories don't count lol.

Well ladies how is it going so far? I have had two pretty good days, both Water and excercise wise. Along with my 30 minute walk yesterday i also played tennis with DH for a bit over an hour. I wiped up the court with him lol. I have not played since high school so I am a wee bit sore today but at least I had tons of fun.

Damn it all! I'm in such a funk!!! :phanvan

I've been working on the fluids, but not quite getting those last 2 cups in... But more importantly, I have not done any exercise in over a week! Argh. And I don't wanna!!!! Whaaa! Today is my official weigh-in, and I am excited to know just how far I've come in 11 weeks. But I just can't motivate!! :tired

I'm thinking this is my usual "diet-burn out at 3-months" taking over, in addition to being over a week into my 1st cycle since January...egad. I hope those 2 elements combined are the main problems here. :) Because I am bummmmmmed. I'm sticking to the "no tempting foods in the house" rule, so hopefully that will help get me over this continuing hump.

Off to the dietician now...

Suzanne

Zannie, I know how much it sucks when you don't excercise for awhile. It is so difficult to get back into it. Even if it sucks and you hate every second of it just get up and do it. You will feel so much better once you do. You will be proud of yourself and that will help a little to make you feel better. Let me tell you I was much prouder with myself when i got on the treadmill the other night at 8pm with a horrible headache and finished my workout than I was about the 3 weeks after surgery where I worked out everyday. When something is more difficult for you to get out and do the reward for doing it seems so much greater.

You're right, you're right...I know you're right. :frusty:

So I'm off to go pack a diaper bag now. Rain be damned,

I'm taking a (30 min) walk with my kiddies (DS 4-1/2; DD 1-1/2)

to see the Queen of England in Colonial Williamsburg! :drama:

(Note: Down 10# since 1st fill 1-month ago today;

38.5# since surgery 11-weeks ago today! :) )

Awesome job on the 10 pounds!!!! You know I have been terrible on my exercise on diet the last few weeks and it showed. I had an appointment on MOnday and I had only lost 4 pounds since my last visit three weeks prior. Since going back on my diet and exercising since Monday I have lost 4 pounds. Now I want to kick myself in the butt becasue I just wasted three weeks and maybe I could have another 4 gone by now. I just keep thinking that I want to get this wieght off now and I am going to do it now. Then once I am maintaining I can have the things I want to eat. Hopefully by then I just won't want them anymore!

Zannie did you make it out on your walk last night?

I played tennis the last two nights with DH and I am soooooo sore. I still did my walking today and I hope to do a little more when I take DD to the park for softball practice.