Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Home, I Was Banded 10-4-04 @2:00p.m.

Hello to all. I feel great. When i woke up after my surgery i felt a little pain but it was not severe. I thought i was going to hurt really bad. I stayed overnight in the hospital and it was very pleasant. There was alot of nurses there that had lap band done of them here recently. So they could really understand how i felt. I did not sleep at all last night. The demeral continued to give me headaches so they had to give me ibruprophen to stop the pain in my head. Otherwise it went great. I have six small incisions on my stomach. I cannot see them yet because they have tape on them. The nurse told me that i can take a shower as soon as i get home.

I am not hungry at all. I have been thristy. I have been drinking applejuice with no problem. They stated that tommorrow i can start eating yogurt, applesauce, etc. I just wanted to let everyone know how i was doing. I will try to figure out how to post my pictures on this website so all can see me. If anyone wants to email me,feel free. I will email back as get some rest.

Congratulations! So glad to hear you're feeling good. Let the healing, and the big losing, begin!

So glad you are home and feeling better!! Congrats on your easy surgery! Mine was defineately the easiest surgery i've ever had! You can start on applesauce already? No Clear liquids for a week or two?

Sooo happy your home and feeling great!!

Katie ;):)

Some of you people amaze me with how great you feel right after surgery! You're the first person I've ever heard that was told they can eat anything the following day - even applesauce. Most of us were on liquids for at least a week. However, I was given apple juice on the 2nd day, and in Mexico the juice is fresh pressed and really thick with apple pulp. My doctor said it was no problem, so that's not much different than applesauce. But I didn't feel like eating for almost 2 weeks. Congrads on your new little band friend!

Betty, tick-tock, tick-tock... you're time's right around the corner!

I was thinking the same thing, I have heard where anyone can eat stuff that fast.

Yeah! Not much longer for me. I have my last pre-op appt. Tuesday the 12th. I guess I will find out what I get to eat before I go huh? I bet it is liquids!

Lisa - are you ready for all your company?

My house is dirty, windows disgusting and the lawn hasn't been mowed, poop hasn't been scooped, but I'm always ready for company! They'll only think I'm a bad housekeeper till we get a few margueritas in them anyway.

People aren't there to look at your house, or your yard. They are coming to party, so don't worry, if it was clean, it would be dirty 15 minutes after everyone gets there anyway! Relax and rest up a little, you will need your beauty sleep.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congradulations LOVEMEACB4E. Welcome to the real world now LOL.. Hope you continue to have an easy recovery. I did Was back to work three days later.

DeLarla... I always tell people if you want to see me stop by anytime. If you want to see the house call ahead of time.

Greg