Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I had surgery on the 4th. I started back at work as a cna the very next day. I am having no pain whatsoever. Well I have been on Protein Shakes and Water and Tomato Soup since surgery. Well today i had a break down. I hate a meal from mcdonalds. chicken nuggets, french fries, and a coke. Tonight I had potato Soup, and turtle ice cream, and potato chips. I dont know what happened. Its my first birthday that my grandmother and grandfather arent with me. Gramma died a few months ago. I just took it really hard... I will be going back to my liquids tomorrow. I hope it didn't mess anything up. Do yall think i messed anything up?? I was able to eat slowly and no stuckage or too full feeling. Will i still lose weight if i go back to how i am supposed to be doing?? help me please...

Most of what you ate are slider foods so you'll probably be fine. But you know that the surgeon sutured your band into place with about 6 sutures and the reason for no solid food is they don't want your stomach moving around trying to push food through the band. Also, if food were to get stuck in the band you could cause the sutures to tear away. Please follow your surgeons advice and go back to the post op plan.

tmf

Not much to do after the fact but to make sure it doesn't happen again. You are feeding your feelings so I suggest making an appointment with a therapist to learn how to handle problems and feelings without food. Many of us have had to talk to someone to help with this. Your not alone but you have to do something.

Okay I had surgery on the 4th. I started back at work as a cna the very next day. I am having no pain whatsoever. Well I have been on Protein Shakes and Water and Tomato Soup since surgery. Well today i had a break down. I hate a meal from mcdonalds. chicken nuggets, french fries, and a coke. Tonight I had potato Soup, and turtle ice cream, and potato chips. I dont know what happened. Its my first birthday that my grandmother and grandfather arent with me. Gramma died a few months ago. I just took it really hard... I will be going back to my liquids tomorrow. I hope it didn't mess anything up. Do yall think i messed anything up?? I was able to eat slowly and no stuckage or too full feeling. Will i still lose weight if i go back to how i am supposed to be doing?? help me please...

I was told by by surgeon and nutritionist - no carbonation ever again. It affects the band and the manufacturer has stated that too. I wish you much success!