Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op: Is this normal!?

Hi guys!

I'm kind of freaking out a bit. I had surgery this passed Tuesday 8/5 and compared to what I thought I would feel I was doing great. I went out for a walk yesterday and last night I started having severe pain! Did my bad slip because I walked too much? Is it normal to feel as if I did too many crunches ? It hurts and when I press down on my belly I feel gas moving around. Any advice?

Lizz

Hey lizz! You're a newbie like me! I don't know much but I did have a similar sensation of feeling gas moving around my stomach so I believe that's normal. As far as your band slipping I think that's a serious issue and you would know it for sure you would be in severe severe pain.. are you just feeling sore? Only walk as much as you can handle

Nicole,

I had been feeling fine until last night so j might have overdone it! My chest is KILLING ME! I'm just so worried!

Lizz

I had really bad chest pain for the first four days after my surgery. If it makes you feel better call your surgeon and just tell tell them what's happening and what you're experiencing. I would call my chest pain severe as it killed me but since then it has dissipated and I have no more chest pain I am eight days post op

Walking should not damage or harm the band. My doctor ordered me to walk after surgery, in the hospital. Don't be afraid to call your doctor's office for advice or guidance.... that is what they are there for.

The walking is good for you, but only do what your body can handle. Call your doctor if you are concerned at all - that is what they are there for.

More than likely you are just sore and i know after my surgery it killed me to walk and the gas was stuck up in my chest and i thought i was going to die. after a couple of days though i was fine but if you are worried i would call your doctor and just make sure things are ok

Nicole,

Not that I'm glad you were in pain but I'm glad you know what I'm talking about. Apparently what I felt last night was a combination of gas pains, soreness, AND the icing on the cake.... Menstrual cramps ???? -_- I hope 8 days out my pain will have gone away as well!

Lizz

Lab walker,

My pain is no longer at an 8 so I think I can hold off on calling them. Thank you so much for your response.

Lizz

Labwalker,

My pain is no longer an 8 so I think I can bare the pain I have right now. Thank you for your response. I will continue to walk :)

Lizz

LI lady,

Thank you for your response. I have tolerable pain At the moment but I will definitely not hesitate to call them if I'm going through that again ! I felt miserable !

Lizz

Loving,

For the first time since Tuesday I thought I was going to die last night! I am feeling better this morning! Thank you for your response :)

Lizz

Lizz,

Stay positive... You'll see you'll be feeling better and better with each day :)

Those pains are gases, when you are in surgery they blow your belly to be able to work more easily and safely without damaging any other organs, once the surgery is done all that gas wants to come out so they navigate to other part of your body, some is burped, some is farted and some like in my case stay in my right shoulder and my left feet for weeks, but be patient, it will get better. All the pain and the weight will start dissipating and your body will be full of energy, life is just beginning for you.

@@Kathytej

Thank you for your response! I actually woke up this morning feeling so much better it was kind of unbelievable.. Your explanation filled me with hope though I loved that you said my life is just beginning because as you may already know when you are overweight sometimes you feel as days are just passing and you aren't truly enjoying life .

Thanks a ton!

Lizz