Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great (and even medicore) accessorizers - need your input

I agree with Jachut, I would do some gold drop earrings, nothing intricate, but more of a "solid" look, and a Bracelet. I would make sure my nails were done, Clean and polish the rings you do wear, so they shine. And I would also make sure that my cleavage was shown to perfection in the dress. ( a bit of blush swept between the breasts up---blended well, will shadow, and show cleavage at it's best!)

I too think the shoes are great! Maybe a thin gold ankle chain---show off the new thin legs!!!! I saw your pictures!!!

Don't forget to take a picture of you all done up for us---some of us are living vicariously!!!

Kat

*hair in an upsweep (make an appointment w/ your hair dresser for a fancy updo)

*Dangle sexy earrings- big: attract attention to your sexy neck

*Big Bracelet (try a second hand store for something perfect, doesn't have to be real or expensive

*No necklace, it will take away from the neckline

*The shoes are very sexy...great choice

Just my 2 cents, but I am a total girly girl...I know and live this stuff!:kiss2:

BEST ACCESSORY: ATTITUDE AND CONFIDENCE!

Have fun!

I think this dress is just beautiful, and you will be gorgeous in it! I LOVE the heels, and I agree with those who say no necklace and good-sized earrings with a good sized Bracelet or a couple of thinner ones stacked. I love the idea of sunta's about accessories in the hair, even if it's just a beautiful ivory rose or lily.

I also think Jachut is absolutely on the right track with her suggestion about the skin, if you're not much of a tanning person and wouldn't even feel comfy having one sprayed on, I would at the very least suggest going to your local Target or Wallyworld or Walgreens and getting a container of Shower-to-Shower's Shimmer effects powder. It is very cooling, smells wonderful and light, does not overpower perfume, and the gold shimmer is stunning and would be a must-have accessory for me if I were wearing that dress. A little gold shimmer on the skin does wonders for everyone.

Tanning Towels...they're great. You just wipe them on and you get a subtle tan in just a few minutes. No orange spots. They come in a box and are individually wrapped. Use daily for a few days prior if you want to build up a deeper tan, or just the day of for a little "glow". Very natural looking results.

My plan (all along, because I'm way too pastey to pull the color of this dress off as-is) has been to Mystic Tan. I'm actually going to try it out this weekend. That way if I get too orangey or just look weird, there's time to 1) let it come off and 2) find something else. I've seen people do this and look great, and I've seen people look really weird. I sought out & got some recommendations on places that are good about tailoring the strength to your skin tone.

I've also been using that Jergen's "daily glow" (I think it is) lotion stuff. Mediocre results, a little streaky. And man - that stuff stinks!

I am not a fan of tanning. I don't like encouraging the risk of problems (cancer runs in the family, mother is a melanoma survivior, had to have a mole removed when I was 14, etc.), plus tanning makes me freckly, and Wheetsin wasn't meant to be a ginger. The sun doesn't make me freckly, but tanning does. Go figure.

A girl that I work with used to be a hair dresser and wants to do my hair. I don't know - I can do a pretty mean up-do myself. (But I cheat and use regular bobby pins and roller pins for the larger chunks of hair, and hide them with other hair pieces.... I can never get hair pins to do anything other than fall out). But I'm going there the weekend before so she can practice and show me what she wants to do.

I like the hair bling, I used to do that back when proms were a part of my life. Not over the top for a wedding?

Those are 3.5" heels, and my limit is 3. So I need to practice in them, and have hubby rate my wobble for me. That's probably the most important thing. :D Good thing hubby is tall (I'm 5'10, and with heels can tend to tower).

Carlene, I haven't heard of the towel approach. Are they made by most sunless tanning manufacturers, or are they one specific brand?

Carlene, I haven't heard of the towel approach. Are they made by most sunless tanning manufacturers, or are they one specific brand?

Loreal....buy them at the drug store.

post-204296-13813134946842_thumb.gif

Cute dress and love the shoes. Definitely an up-do w/the hair...dangling earrings...and multiple bracelets. No need for a necklace b/c of the beading on the bodice. I'm sure you'll look great!