Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I have been reading for a little while and am really thinking LB is right for me. BUT< since I'm the queen of procrastinators, I haven't had the guts to do anything about it...until now. I FINALLY picked up the phone and called to register for the upcoming seminar. She said the date was posted incorrectly on the internet and the correct date I have a conflict for. Disappointed, I hung up and felt like I had taken a step backwards. I didn't want to have to wait until June for another seminar! So, I had a little talk with myself....Why let other plans get in the way of making such an important step? What was more important?? I really was afraid if I didn't go now, I may never. I called back and registered and I will just have to change my other plans. Now, I have to talk to my dear husband. He doesn't know I have been considering this surgery and knows nothing about it, I'm sure. I hate to even bring up the subject with him. How can I tell him? Anyone have any ideas? Thx for listening, Laura

My husband thought it was another hair brain idea. I went to the seminar anyway . I came back very educated and very excited. He read the material I recieved very carefully .... and here I am his "new on the outside wife" off 10 pills and 2 shots of insulin a day.

edie

[quote=QuilterLaura; Now, I have to talk to my dear husband. He doesn't know I have been considering this surgery and knows nothing about it, I'm sure. I hate to even bring up the subject with him. How can I tell him? Anyone have any ideas?

I told my husband after researching for months. I wanted to be able to answer all of his questions and to make him feel as comfortable as possible about the idea of me having surgery. I believe he supports me as much as he does because he knows how miserable I am, and he can't stand to see me not feeling well. Hope this helps!

Peace Out,

T~:hippie:

I know where you are coming from. Telling my DH made the whole time real. It was the hardest thing to do, to comfort him with my mistakes and lifetime of struggles. To admit that I failed in this part of my life. He meet me in the 'skinny' stage, so all the weight to him was Baby fat from 3 kids. He had no idea the struggles my whole life.

After hearing more about it and seeing how much this meant to me and that he would have the 'ole me' back and running, we was convinced and said 'Go for it'. How did I tell him? In bed, with all the lights off. I didn't want to see his face. It made it easier if I didn't have to see the disappointment. Of the disappointment I thought he would have. I am sure he did, but I left it up to my imagination, that he didn't.

He loves me the way I am, this I know, but my moods are effecting our marriage and he wants me to be happy. This is the first of my steps in making that happen.

I am lucky to have him and I want to make sure I keep him. With this and therapy about my mom, it will last.

Good luck to you on your Quest. Mine was a fast journey, cross your fingers nothing happens in the all the test. I hopes goes as fast too.

I dreaded to tell him.... after all, he witnessed all the weight loss plans, the videos, the machines, the successes and the following lapses back to fat. fatter fatter and fatter. I just sat down and said... I've decided to do something...I hope you will back me up...but regardless, I'm doing this. I then told him about the surgery. At first he was mad...why SURGERY?? are you crazy?? I just walked away. No arguing, no fighting. Later he came to me and said...If it's what you want to do....I'm with ya. He is going to the seminar with me on May 16th. ( I haven't mentioned the approx $5000 it will cost out of pocket....just working alot of OT to try to save ! ) Good luck.

I too had to convince my husband that this was a good thing, but it took him seeing my mother's improvement to make him a believer. He now supports my decision wholly and without quam....he even came up with the entire amount for the surgery (because our insurance won't pay). He loves me, and sees it as beneficial for him too.

I just told my husband that I wanted to have this surgery, and I did....I had to self-pay, so that was another issue....He had no problem with it..he said if that is what I wanted to do, then I should do it....He is soooooo supportive...he has helped me every step of the way....He wouldn't eat in front of me, when I was on the liquid diet...he didn't want the food to tempt me...He has really been great...

What a wonderful success story Edie...!!! Your story made my night...thank you for sharing. YOu are why this device was invented...look at all the benefits and life years you gained...I am so happy for you and your lucky husband!

Best to you,

Marg

I dreaded telling my husband because he would think the same way I did when I first contemplated this ...it just seemed so extreme, it doesn't now the more I educate myself about it and here all these success stories. He actually found out on his own when he got on our shared computer and kept seeing this web site narrowed down at the bottom. He laughes and doesn't think I'll actually go through with it and of course gave me the lecture about starting today ...eat right exercise etc. and I'll see in a few weeks I'll lose the weight....I kept my 10 year intense weight loss battle mostly to myself I guess. I felt like this last weight gain after a stellar 4 month effort of marathon training and healthy eating just did me in....it was the straw!!!!!