Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Boylove Forum - It's good to see mainstream Christians loosening up a bit

That's scary. Of course, the far right will say it's us Gays recruiting...;)

That's scary. Of course, the far right will say it's us Gays recruiting...;)

You know, MsDad, you may be right. Sorry about that. I don't see any connection between being gay and being a pedophile, so that had not occurred to me. But now that you mention it, you may be right.

I just took a quick trip to the site. It was a very, very weird experience.;) I wonder if they voted Republican?:heh: Thanks for posting this. :rolleyes

I know, isn't that creepy? Very weird. It's hard to know how they would have voted. It seems to me a lot of Christians are Republicans. But are these really Christians? They seem to think so. It reminds me of that Woody Allen joke, that he would never join a club that would have him as a member. Would these "Christians" vote for a ban on gay marriage? Very weird.

Pardon my ignorance....but is "boy love" the sexual attraction of grown men to adolescent boys? If so, I find that repulsive...and totally NOT Christian.

This is nothing more than another form of NAMBLA and it's absolutely sickening and disgusting.

Pardon my ignorance....but is "boy love" the sexual attraction of grown men to adolescent boys? If so, I find that repulsive...and totally NOT Christian.

I so agree, Carlene. But the bible is so frequently twisted to marginalize anyone that doesn't conform to soceital norms that is doesn't surprise me in the least that this group is also using it to somehow justify their disturbing beliefs. I too paid a visit to this site. Lot's of very cautiously worded posts. If they were above-board, their posts would have no need to be so cryptic. My opinion is that they are as self-deluded as those "ex-gay" folks out there to whom I've referred in other posts.

I think not.

Sorry folks, I don't think it's appropriate for this Forum. The name alone conjers up Dateline NBC "To Catch A Predator" visions.

I think sex with underage individuals, regardless of your sexual persuasion, is wrong and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

It is not "beautiful" for a teacher to have sex with his/her students.

It is not "beautiful" for a clergyman to have sex with children or teenagers.

It is ugly...the worst kind of ugly... and the people who engage in it are morally bankrupt and seriously disturbed, IMHO.

Sad. Truly sad. I'm wondering, however - if those things that were not acceptable say 20 years ago should now be acceptable due to our current state of enlightenment; will this be yet another one of those things that we find unacceptable today, but as our 'enlightenment' continues will someday become acceptable?

Good heavens....I certainly hope not. But I'm not holding my breath.

I am reading a book - an autobiography - by the daughter of Loretta Young and Clark Gable. Because adultery and illegitimacy were such huge sins when this woman was born, her mother went to extraordinary lengths to keep this secret. She was put in an orphanage for several months, then "adopted" by her natural mother and raised as an adopted child. She was over 30 before her mother told her the truth. Today, this would hardly qualify as a news item, let alone a scandal. No one's career would be destroyed...it happens all the time now. This generation of movie stars and other celebs all try and out-do each other when it comes to unseemly behavior. Paris Hilton's sex tape didn't put a dent in her career. In fact, it probably helped it. At least we haven't forgiven Roman Polanski for having sex with that 14 year old....not officially, anyway.

What the hell is that website?? And what were you looking for marjon when you found it? More chicken recipes? :)

I read some posts, that's just crazy.. it DOES remind me of that Dateline thing. It scares me to know people are out there that think like this.. Makes me more and more weary about having kids. Between the shootings, crazy people, internet, and the predators..

This thread seems to have really pushed some buttons with some people so I just want to say a couple things about it. The first thing is, obviously no one is advocating, defending or supporting pedophilia in any way. No one is looking forward to some time in the future when this type of behavior is "acceptable." There is not a single word in any post that suggests anything like that, so I don't know where that thought would come from. Upstanding Christians are not the only ones disgusted by pedophelia.

Lauraj, as for what I was looking for when I found it, you may recall yesterday that there was a brief discussion of a "Christian Sex Toys" web site on the "Large Penis Posts" thread. I was looking up "Christian Sex Education" and I ran across this Boylove site. I thought it was bizarre, thought provoking, and a bit funny, so I posted it.

And I will also confess to a mildly sinister motivation. I find it amusing to raise issues of Christian hypocricy. Fundamentalist Christians spend quite a bit of time trumpeting their moral superiority and attempting to pass constitutional amendments and otherwise legislate the way others should live their lives. Yet frequently it is the members of this group who are shown to be the most outrageous hypocrites. And while I certainly do not think that this "Boylove" site represents anything that is legitimately "Christian," or that pedophilia is, in any sense, a "Christian" thing, you will have to admit that 95% of news items relating to pedophilia over the last ten years have been about these monster priests. So, yes, there was a bit of a sinister motivation on my part in posting it. I did intend to push some buttons and stimulate debate. I did not intend to "offend" people, and frankly, I don't understand why this thread is any more offensive than quite a few others we've seen around here lately. But aside from that, I do admit that I intended to push some buttons.