Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone Help!!!!!

Hey all i was banded March 13th 2007, and i had my first fill of 1.5cc's in a 4cc band this past Monday so its been about 5 days since my fill. Before my fill i could eat relatively normal stuff and normal portions, deff less than before being banded but overall a regular portion. I could get down bread and Pasta and everything before the fill. Well since the fill, at first if i drank too much the liquid would get suck and take awhile to go down, i dont have a problem with that anymore i can drink regularly. When i eat now i can eat maybe a whole lean cuisine meal and be full, or tonite i had a half of salmon pattie that i made, and maybe a cup of macaroni and cheese with tomatoes, green peppers and onions in it. Having had 1.5cc's in my 4cc band am i eating too much by being able to eat 1 cup of macaroni and cheese and a half of salmon pattie? I had that for dinner and a lean cuisine for lunch and thats all i had all day long. Usually a lean cuisine is enough for me at one sitting.....are you hungrier at dinner time so you can eat more then or something? Im just worried that i may be eating too much and im worried that i may be stretching my pouch out. I dont get the tightness feeling in the chest when full, i dont really know when im full until after the fact. I do know that i need to slowwwww down when i eat, but that is very very difficult to do. I guess i need a little reassureance. So if you could tell me am i eating too much or how do i know when im full? Just HELP lol. Anyways thanks all i look forward to hearing your responses.

~Hotpink~

I tend to be the other way round, I could definitely eat a half a salmon pattie and a cup of Pasta at lunch time most days, but not at dinner, I can only eat a very smal dinner. A lean cuisine would leave me pretty full at dinner time.

Lately my band has been a lot more variable now and I have periods of days where I can eat only 1/2 cup or so at a time and nothing difficult and then suddenly it passes again.

Argh, I cant edit since this new format.

What I forgot to say is that personally, if you are always comfortable when you finish a meal, dont eat till you feel really FULL, I dont see how you are likely to stretch your pouch out.

I think it tends to be a bit different over here which is why I always seem to be going against the grain but honestly, if you're losing weight but not eating till your stomach feel stretched, then you are not overeating. What someone else can or cant eat isnt relevant, and there's no prize for eating the least - in fact if you can eat more and still lose, why would you even want to eat less?

The day or the day after my fill i dropped like 3 or 4 pounds, now its standing still again, but i also did just finish my period, infact its not completely finished yet so im not sure if im losing or not. Hopefully it will go soon. Sometimes when i eat i feel pain like ugggh i ate too much but it isnt until after the fact. I just am really really scared about my band slipping or eroding or my pouch stretching, I dont want to lose my band at all for any reason, I would cry nonstop if i did. I want to be "normal" so badly, Though i guess if i lost my band there is always RNY...but that scares the crap out of me. So i guess im doing ok then, im trying to eat less and less. Thanks for the reply!!!!!!!

~Hotpink~

Hotpink, this might help you to know many of us are still trying to find that "sweet spot" that so many speak of. Trial and error is the way.

I was told that I should eat 1 -1 1/2 cups of food at a meal. Now, Breakfast is just a snack size Protein Bar with some Peanute butter or 1/2 a shake...Lunch I can do like a slice of pizza, a lean cusines, soup...Dinner, now I eat about 1.5 cups Id say. However, I was instructed to do Protein first THEN carbs. So, tho I do it, I rarely eat 1 cups of Pasta. You should eat more of the protein, less of the pasta. You will also begin to find that certain food just don't work any more. ALSO, I notice from your post that you said drinking was difficult. That should not be. Your band may be a little too tight.