Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, yay or nay on this haircut?

We just got haricuts this morning, and I'm sad to say it ended in tears for my older dd. We went a little, um, shorter than she wanted. :shuffle

Normally I'd let her have all the say, but she didn't really even need a cut, she just wanted one because her sister was getting one. So while she was in the chair the hairdresser and I discussed "long layers" and Gillian didn't say a word. The hairdresser seems not to know what "long" means. Gillian was aghast, and inconsolable for a couple of hours.

The before and afters are below. She's over it now, and I think it actually looks really great. She'll be very happy not to have to deal with long hair for the summer.

post-203700-13813134902116_thumb.jpg

post-203700-13813134902328_thumb.jpg

Your daughter's haircut looks cute. Just image how nice it will be with all the swimming and other summer activities. By the time school pictures come around, her hair will be the same length as the before shot.

Very very sweet,

She is such a pretty girl and yes, it will be so much easier and not as hot and just as long once school is started back. She is very cute, I know your proud of her.

I'd say it is a YES! It frames her face more and doesn't weigh it down so much--really makes her features stand out.

She's a beautiful young lady. No reason to hide it.

Renee

I agree the new haircut is quite becoming on her sweet little face.

And just for future reference.. her hair was a bit to short for long layers, but the stylist did screw that up.. if you cant do it you be honest and say so...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I agree the new haircut is quite becoming on her sweet little face.

And just for future reference.. her hair was a bit to short for long layers, but the stylist did screw that up.. if you cant do it you be honest and say so...

I didn't really know what was meant by "long layers," but then the stylist clarified and said she would keep the longest part as long as it was before the cut. That sounded OK to me and Gillian, who was concerned that it stay feminine and long-looking. So that's what I was expecting.

We were both a bit taken aback, but now we're lovin' it. :biggrin1:

Thanks, everyone!

I have to agree with everyone that it looks great! It is probably a lot easier to manage too! Thumbs up!!!