Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the female banders

Prepare yourself for your cycle to out of whack for a few months after you are bande. It seems to happen to everyone, and it sure as heck happened to me. After a couple of months, it settled back down to normal, though.

I am 4 weeks out and have no sex drive right now. Not sure why, but I do feel bad for my husband. It's weird, I actually feel more self conscious now than I did before the surgery.

Tami

I'm 10 days out of the op and my period started yesterday and it seriously sucks!

i've had an ablation of the uterus so really havent had much of a period ovr the last two years.. except the occasional one.

well. hello.... this is a fullblown, cramping, feeling horrible, major bleeding episode :rolleyes2: i'm just hoping it's a one off. but it really really sucks.

more like the periods i used to have when i was younger. guess i'm not in menopause yet !

t

My periods have always been rather simple affairs however they were not regular. Now they happen with clock work.

My sex drive is out of control. It's always been pretty strong, but now it's even more so.

1. No, I was regular before and I am still regular.

2. No, and that is a good thing because I am single and I don't have a boyfried. For those of you that want to increase your sex drive do crunches. The stronger your ab muscles are the stronger your sex drive and you will enjoy it more!

1. Not yet. But then, I've only had 2 of them since being banded. But they were both right on time (even though the first one was right after my surgery when I would have ovulated on or around the day of surgery) and not much different as far as pain.

2. Kind of. The reason I say that is because it's not so much a physical drive as it is that I just LIKE being naked more with DH and feeling his skin on mine.

1. Absolutely, I had no periods for 10 years without bcp. After the band I had the heaviest period of my life for about 1-2 weeks. Then it stopped on it's own. I am waiting to see if it comes again on it own. I hope so!

2. YES! and it is not just psychological....I had NO libido before the band.

1- I can't really say. I was on Depo before I was banded, and that all but stopped my period. I had about 1 every year. After surgery I had 2 within six months. I switched to the pill, and got regular very quickly, and have been ever since.

2- Yes. A) it's easier to be naked. I still don't really like what's there, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. :hurray: The drive itself is strong. My DH I'm sure wishes it was stronger still, but oh well.

1) I have PCOS. I would miss 1-2 periods per year and I'd go thru phases of being light or heavy. In the 5 months post-op, my cramps seem a little worse and my flow a little heavier but no real changes.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

2) I really lost my sex drive in the months leading up to banding. It had previously been very HIGH! I've not experienced much of a change in this area unfortunately. It's been about a year now :)