Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOW.. I have a date with a surgeon.

Well, this was a long ride made short.

Some may have read, we found out last night that our new insureance plan had an exclusion for WLS, so my DH said, lets just pay for it. :clap2:

You can imagine how happy I was. SO, I called my Dr. today and I have my Pre-op on May 14th and Banding on May 17th. May has always been a good month for me.

Meet my DH on May 97, had 2 of my 2 babies in May 03 and May 05.

May 17th - Lap Band and May 25th - NovaSure. BIG MONTH for mom.

After 8 years of thinking about others, it is my turn. I turned 40 in March. You get the picture.

When I hung up with the Coordinator, I had a moment of 'OH DEAR.. this is going to really happen.' NERVES hit me. All 3 of my kids were C-sections, so surgery does not scare me. In fact, I opted for the over night, just so I can get 1 night out of the house to really sleep. (I am hoping for some good drugs to help with that.)

YIPPEE.. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful words, both good and bad. It's nice to hear real stories from real people and that is who we all are. We are the Real People. The Majority, as statistics will tell you. I know this is the beginning, a do over, of a healther me. I know some that have done this and the forgot what it was like for those that have issues with weight, I hope that I will never forget, and use this time and knowledge to help others find a way to make it happen for them. You get in a hole and dark hole. A comfort hole and it looks like it will never get better, but it can.

It's too late.. I gotta go try to sleep.

Be in touch soon.. and soon to be amoung the Banded!!!

Hi there eljmom, that's only a few days away! Congratulations.

And it sounds like May is a very fitting month to get it.

Congratulations on a life changing decision! I love your attitude about never forgetting where we came from...I'm going to have to remember that!!

Devana and MEW,

Thank you much for your reply. This has been an interesting day. I went to Target today and I actually strolled though the normal clothes, thinking, humm.. someday in the near future, I will get into that cute LITTLE skirt. I actually smiled.

I have not felt that way about the otherside of aisle in YEARS.. I think since I was 25 and could wear those sizes.

It will be a long stroll to the other side of the aisle, but I am ready for it. It is my off season at work, so by the time the stress of the new hockey season gets here, I will be in much better shape to handle the blood pressure issues. Who knows, maybe there won't even be any of those issues. :):( .

I should get some sleep, my son has hockey practice very early in the AM... :notagree

Thanks again and stay in touch.

Dear eljmom,

I have my surgery on May 14th! Nice to meet you. I have already done my EKG and all my bloodwork. My pre-op will be May 8th and surgery the next week. I am proud of you for looking at the pretty clothes. Guess what I did..... I went on ebay and bought the size 12 jeans that I have always wanted and they have shipped them already! The old me would have never have done that. Lets keep in touch....

Patty

DutchGrl... that is so funny. I am an eBayer too. I haven't looked for clothes yet. I think I will wait a while before I start going the shopping. I sew, so I have decided as pounds are coming off, I will sew up the waist on all my lovely elastic waist band gouchos and pants until I can walk into Ann Taylor and buy something off the rank. And I'm not talking Sale rank. At that point, my DH isn't gonna know what to say at my CC bills. Guess I should go easy on him till we pay off the LapBand.

I look at life a bit different know, I know I will be able to handle the heat at the soccer games next season. I will be able to chase my youngest one around and worry about how the booty is shakin'. I am addicted to Diet Coke. I have been starting the liquid thing to see how I handle it mentally, so I have been drinking lots of Water. I tried a Diet COke tonight with dinner and it just didn't have that same "TaDaa". That is a good thing. Especially since I have to say ByeBye to them in a few weeks. Now that I dont have the 6 month Diet ahead of me, why wait on the weight to start going off.

I hope we can keep in touch. I am sure we will be going through the same issues, since we are days apart. Of course, you are first, so you can let me know what to expect on a daily basis. HA HA. :)

Take care of you.

Yea! You got a date! I am so excited for you! May 17th we will round up the support troops to send you prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, etc!!!! How exciting for you to get a date so soon!

Thanks HarleyGirl.

These boards are wonderful. If I would have foudn these boards a year ago, I would have been banded by now. Glad I found everyone here.

Thanks for the support!! I am to have my Psyc. appt this week. Then Preop on May 14th. I hear people talk about Preop diet, when does that start. My coordinator said nothing about that. I have been attempting to try and start the liquids so that I am ready when I have too. Give me the strengh to do that.

My closets, attic and garage will be spotless by the time I get to solids. Cleaning is one of those things I do with I get anxious. It passes the time. I will need to do that when I am sitting at this computer working and start those cravings. That will be the hard part. I work from home and on the computer ALL DAY for it. I usually eat here. This is my comfort spot and the kitchen is only through the hall, past the playroom and theirs the frig. Help.... That is where I will need it.

Got any ideas??? :help:

7 lbs to go. YOU ROCK chick. We are the same in starting wait. I am hopeful to be at where you are at in the same time frame. Looks like you did it the right way..

:rolleyes: Congratulations! I hope to be where you are in 2 weeks, already had my psych eval, bloodwork, nutrition consult, I go see my surgeon on 5/11 and am hoping for a date. Good luck with everything.