Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem or not?

Hey, everybody! I am 5 weeks post-op, and have had absolutely no problems since surgery, aside from doing so well, that I felt like I never had surgery! With that good comes the bad, though. I have had no restriction it seems, whatsoever. I won't bore you with that part any longer:notagree , but only mentioned it, as it might pertain to my first ever issue:

Yesterday morning, I was enjoying mostly just the inside of a ham/egg/cheese Lean Pocket for Breakfast. I did eat a little of the crust, but not much. About 20 minutes or so after eating. I began to feel queasy, broke out into a sweat and felt a little pressure. Then, it went away. Then, it came back. This went on all day. I never did vomit because it just never reeached that point. Then, later on yesterday, I began to feel very gassy. Tons of belly gas, intestinal gas, pretty noisy, too! Never any pain, though. I was able to get fluids down just fine, to stay hydrated, but I didn't dare eat anything else all day, for fear of doing any further damage.

Last evening, I felt better, and a bit hungry. I ate 3 or 4 saltines, and had no problem. I continued to feel queasy, gassy, and some pressure (just a little) in my belly - but alway got relief as I heard the air move, and belched. I went to bed last night. I felt perfectly normal when I laid down. I slept fine all night. No problems. i woke up this morning feeling better. My cup and a half of half-caff went down just fine. I then ate most of a scrambled egg, and was fine until about 10 minutes after I ate it. Then, the same thing as yesterday. As I type this, I can feel gas pressure building, the noises in my belly and intestine, the pressure, etc. No pain, though. I am keeping on the fluids. I had two cups of Decaf herbal tea - no problems. I am concerned if I have a blockage or slippage. Maybe I'm just paranoid, though!:violin: Then again, maybe this is just restriction after 5 weeks??? Can that happen? ;) Any advice, or similar experiences out there would be helpful. Thanks!

First off, my wife has a devil of a time with scrambled eggs and I notice that both of your episodes involved eggs???? Secondly, sounds to me like your tummy is complaining about the lack of substance. Perhaps a little more Fiber in your diet?? But keep in mind that I'm just a guy who works in a coal mine, not a doctor. Maybe HE could give you a bit more insight in to what is going on down there?

I'm pretty much fully recovered now. I have felt a little better each day. I guess maybe it is scrambled eggs, as you suggested, Mykdsdad. I'll wait a week or so, and try them again, to be sure. Jack, You really think what I mentioned was too much food 5 weeks post op? Have you ever dug out the inside of a lean pocket? LOL Keeping in mind that I have felt no restriction, and saltines were given the thumbs up weeks ago, I don't feel like it's very much at all. Especially considering that I would have eaten half a sleeve pre-surgery! LOL

I eat my meals REALLY slow, and I chew everything to mush.

Thanks to both of you for your help!