Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virginia 12 month supervised programe

Hello everyone I'm from Virginia I was wondering if there is anybody out there who is also in there 12 months supervised weight loss program for insurance approval stage I'm really discouraged about such a long waiting period. It just seems almost unfair but I thought maybe is I foynd someone who was also going through it, it could be fun or even if someone has already been thru it it be nice to share some of my thoughts

post-202477-0-93380000-1405387943_thumb.png

post-202477-0-11672900-1405387975_thumb.png

post-202477-0-90214700-1405387988_thumb.png

Hey girl! I am also in Virginia going through the supervised diet. I am not exactly sure how long as my doctors have told me a few different things. 1st they said it was 6 months with my primary, then I was told 6 mos with primary PLUS 3 with my surgeon for 9 months total, now they are saying (2 months in) that I can just do a 3 month surgeon supervised plan. I am seeing my primary doctor still just in case they are wrong so I am not sure if I am looking at a October surgery or a December one at this point. It's frustrating! I see my surgeon tomorrow and I am hoping to find out a definite answer. Even though I am not going through 12 months I am in VA so maybe we can lean on each other for support..

Are you just starting the process?

Hi Sandra!! First thing Thanks for responding. Yes I'm just starting the process. A few years back I had attempted made it 6 months and got dropped due to some communication error but what type of insurance do you have? Sure we can lean on each other I'm so excited for you also what type of surgery are you having?

Hello again! I have Aetna insurance and am going through the VCU surgical weight loss program, what about you? I am still trying to decide between the sleeve and bypass.... have you decided yet?

Hi ladies! I just completed the 6 month supervised weight loss program with my PCP. I am scheduled for the RNY bypass on August 19th at Bonsecours St. Mary's in Richmond. Although I was initially very disappointed/discouraged when I found out about the 6 month waiting period, it turned out to be great preparation for the upcoming changes surgery will require. I feel extremely prepared to enter surgery and the lifestyle changes after following the guidelines set forth by my NUT.

If you get discouraged, keep in mind that the 6 month (or 12 month) supervised diet is required for a reason... And even if it seems unnecessary based on your weight or health concerns, it better prepares us for way we will live post-op.

The day my surgery was approved by insurance and I officially received a surgery date, I felt like I had reached the first of many goals to come. I can't wait for each of you to reach that first goal! It feels so good! :)

Well I have cova care BCBS I understand the reason ....if it was 6 months I think I would be fine but is 12 months...... I just spent a year working hard a my weight with a trainer and I only lost 40 lbs to gain it all back but 5 lbs in less then two months I don't want to do another year honestly but I will cause I have to fight for my life..... I have decided that I will have the Gastric Bypass.... But I'm happy that your approved...

I never had to be on a weight loss program per se, but I did lose weight on my own before the surgery. OP you can certainly see the difference and you are doing great!

Keep up the good work!