Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a bad man...

I have a hunch his doc would disagree.

And to me, the other point that is important is that just being able to eat without noticing any problems at the time doesn't mean you are OK and not causing yourself problems down the road.

And to me, the other point that is important is that just being able to eat without noticing any problems at the time doesn't mean you are OK and not causing yourself problems down the road.

Very very true!

I'm sure none of us are perfect on following rules or we wouldn't need to be banded. But one rule I did follow to the letter was my doc's postop instructions re: eating (clear liquids for 7 days, full liquids for 14 days then solids). I'm CONVINCED that is why i still have my band because i have pb'd more then most report at least on this site.

My pbing is a combination of hard headedness, trying lots of foods, sometimes being too tight etc. and mostly LEARNING. My problems with obesity and eating are very deep/ingrained but I swear I am learning and changing.

Now - to my point! For those that eat early etc.....think of your band like a cut on your finger.... Yes, it stops bleeding pretty quickly and you put a band aid on it and it starts to FEEL Better - but its still not healed completely for some time.

What's going on inside our bodies is not always felt / realized and you really need time to let your stomach heal and THAT BAND ADHERE IN PLACE.

Post op is not the time to 'cheat' - And i do have empathy for thecascadian - I really do - we all have our demons but he did ask for advice....

Yeah, I can't disagree with anything that was said- better to follow doctors instructions.

I determined that I needed to ignore them and I may very well suffer problems down the line from that decision.

Or I may end up just fine.

Time will tell.

For now, I'm feeling awesome and losing weight.

All I can say is...I paid 15,000.00 dollars to have this procedure and I am going to follow the diet and doctors orders to the letter....I can't afford to mess this up....I can't afford to have another surgery....each to his or her own....whatever one does after the surgery is up to them...but...for me...I am sticking to the plan...

Yeah, I can't disagree with anything that was said- better to follow doctors instructions.

I determined that I needed to ignore them and I may very well suffer problems down the line from that decision.

Or I may end up just fine.

Time will tell.

For now, I'm feeling awesome and losing weight.

Good luck to you! Just please, follow instructions from here on out. We only care about your success. Some of us were kinda mean, but if we didn't care we wouldn't care what you did to yourself. We are all in this together and sometimes we ALL need a swift kick.

There was a thread on OH a long time ago about how other bandsters are to be supportive only. If someone just ate 3 bags of Easter candy and 3 bags of Doritos, nobody should say anything except for... get back to work tomorrow. Tomorrow my ASS! Do it NOW! I know I need a dose of reality sometimes, we all do. I'm all for being supportive but I am one that believes we need a swift kick every now and again. But that is my opinion, others will disagree.

Please be careful with the Phentermine (appetite suppressant)- I was on them ( Phen Phen) and developed lung problems. Good luck to you for your success now and then future! Denise

All docs are different.. that is for sure...... my doc hit 550 bands back in january so I have no idea what number I was last Thursday..... in March he started using a two week liquid diet because of cases of big livers... and still..... he post op diet is pretty easy... 24 hours of CLEARS after surgery and then full liquids on day two.. (thinned out tomatoe soup) days 3-14, full liquids and pureed foods.. I go back for my post op appointment THIS friday and he told me NO chewing til then.. also I am able to have coffee. (was given coffee after I passed my barium swallow in the hospital)

I do believe that everyone has to be very pro-active in their own health care. For instance.. on my pre-op he had Sherbert on the list...... well for me sherbert is so full of sugar I won't touch it.. that was me and my inability to process sugar as efficiently as others.