Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Might be a stupid question but I've ordered samples from Syntrax and chike. Not sure how much Protein powder I should be using to make a Protein shake?

How much do you guys use? A few tablespoons or teaspoons? And I've read that it's good to use almond milk for the shakes instead of regular milk.

Just trying to figure this out before I start full liquids next week (CAN NOT WAIT) :)

Thanks!

The bag of the sample should tell you how much to use....my samples were individual packages and you used the whole package. I prefer to use Water ( no calories, no carbs) I also use almond milk. After surgery you may or may not be able to tolerate regular milk.

Some of the packages were in clear baggies lol kind of looked suspicious :P ah good point, maybe its the best way to mix with just Water.

Thanks!

For samples, I weigh how much Protein I use. I track calories, protein, etc. so I need to know exactly what I am consuming. First I figure out how much a standard serving is in grams per the manufacturer (either the myfitnesspal food database or the seller or brand website can tell you). Then I measure out the liquid I am going to use in my blender cup. Put the blender cup with liquid on my food scale and tare it out to zero. Then starting adding in powder to get the right number of grams for a serving. For some high calorie/carb protein powders (Chike, BSN Syntha 6, etc.) I usually do a half serving rather than a full serving, and add in other things to bump the flavor up -- instant coffee granules, Sweetleaf Sweet Drops flavors, Torani SF syrups, etc.

For most of my Protein Drinks, I mix with CarbMaster milk and think plain Water would be disgusting! For the HealthSmart hot chocolate and hot Cappuccino, I mix with 50/50 water and CarbMaster. But just plain water . . . blech! No thank you! :wacko:

Edited by Bufflehead

Some of the packages were in clear baggies lol kind of looked suspicious :P ah good point, maybe its the best way to mix with just Water.

Thanks!

I use the chocolate unjury powder, 21grams of Protein, mixed with an Atkins chocolate pre-made shake, 15 grams Protein, 1 cup 1% milk, 8 grams protein, ice and a fat -free flavored Syrup like mocha or hazelnut. I love my shakes and start my day with lots of protein and Fluid. Of course, it takes me 1 to 2 hours to drink them also!

Unjury single serve packets are about 1/3 cup- I don't know if it varies from brand ti brand.

So far everything I have bought had directions. Also, my stomach couldn't tolerate using Water. I use soy milk light with my Protein powders.< /p>