Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pirate's booty cheddar puffs

I have been craving salty foods the last few days (I am 3 weeks post op today). I finally looked the the pirate's booty cheddar puffs and they have 2 grams of Protein per ounce serving. I dropped one piece into my chicken broth and it melted. I wonder if that can be motivation to work through the broth for liquid Protein. It doesn't even need to be chewed

Hi -

I am week 2 post surgery…..I think the issue with it might be carbs, artificial ingredients and non nutritional caloric intake, plus it's in a new tummy. I am on a strict 2 week post op full liquid diet, then soft foods (cottage cheese, applesauce, canned tuna, canned chicken in little tiny flakes. Grains and carbs aren't entering back into the picture for 4 more weeks and those are healthy choices only. Raw foods not until late September and October.

I know everyone's Dr. does is a little differently, so what I am following may not be what everyone is following.

In support of what you are feeling, I am sick to death of sweet Protein shakes - UGH and so I leave broth for my salty choice. I am dying to chew something - celery, carrots - anything!

I don't think what you did will hurt you and so understand why! I am really trying hard to focus on forming the good long term habits that I never had before. This surgery has given me the chance to start over and I know that this is my last option.

You keep on going and know we are with you!

I've been on purees for a week. I've had some saltyish foods, but it has hit me so hard that I needed to satisfy it. It honestly helped.

I am pre-op and confess I just ate some. However, I know I will be purging my home of ANY temptations before the surgery so that even if a crave it, I won't have access to it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches