Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I've been have some trouble with my band this week. I cut and chew really well, wait to be able to drink after but for some reason 15 mins later im puking. Has anyone have this happen before? mind you just last week I had some Fluid removed bc i was too tight any help is greatly appreciated :)

@@Weightogo123 You may still be a bit swollen in there especially if you were having trouble before and then had some Fluid removed. I'm sure you went back to liquids for a bit after having the Fluid removed. My doctor usually recommends when putting fluid in or taking some out to have liquids for 2 days at least, then move to mushy for a few days then soft then back to solids.

It will usually take me a good week or more before I will go back to eating solid knife and fork foods. I had only one incident where I had to have fluid taken out and that was because I was sick at the time and didn't want to put my band at risk. So I went in and had 2cc taken out. They put them back in slowly .5 at a time over the course of a few months so my band and my belly had plenty of time to settle into it.

Sometimes I think my Dr. are overly conservative and then on the other hand I am also grateful that they are because I think that it's possible to move too fast with a fill and not give the belly and the band a chance to settle into the fill and that could be a bit of what's happening now for you.

My advice would be to give a few days on liquids and soft and then if you still can't progress back to solid foods without them coming back up give the Dr. a call again and have an x-ray check and maybe even a tad more fluid out if needed.

Let us know how your doing!!

Puking as in vomit, hurling? Or, PBing(productive burp)? Do you mean you puke 15 mins after a meal or after one bite or drink?

Do you feel pressure under your sternum/ziphoid as you eat and does it build up to more pressure?

what I mean about puking every 15 as in vomiting.. I found out what its from.... thanks everyone for your relpies

Can you share so if we see a similar post we can pass along some wisdom?

So for those of you who asked what it was from here goes; a lot of times we cook using different spices, oils ect. which are to hard on the stomach causing us to vomit and feel discomfort. When cooking you should use the simplest methods out there, and after a while go back and see if you can handle it once again. If you experience such an episode be sure to go on liquids right away.

Good Luck,