Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Definition of pure torture...

I work in an office in a shopping mall.There is a deli next door.

At this time of the morning they start baking homemade bread!!

It is the most yummy smell and makes me want to go out and buy a warm roll with a pound of butter.

My mouth is soooooooo watering and it makes my brain hurt!!

At least later i can look forward to feeling nauseous with the overpowering smell of garlic later on beofre noon...

Off to eat my yucky egg and sugar free whole wheat toast with margarine!!

Chantal

Oh my, I don't know how you stand it. I think fresh baked bread ismells so good, no matter how full you are, you just gotta have a bite. It would drive me crazy. You must have some good will power.

Betty... I was a bread FREAK before being banded... Although I'm sure I would still drool over the smell of freshly baked bread... the memory of the pain that followed eating soft bread is still VERY clear in my mind...lol. You will find that once you PB on something... it will lose a bit of it's allure! I would have NEVER imagined that I could walk past freshly baked bread... but my band says no and so do I. I was able to eat any type of bread up until I had my first fill... now... I can only eat hearty types of bread and I do that veeeery carefully. I can eat a whopper if I take the fluffy top bun off but I think that's only because they put a TON of catsup on it!

Darcy

Darcy - I really don't eat much bread now, once in a while. I just love the smell of fresh bread baking though. I use to make it myself all the time, my husband asks for it all the time too. That just might be one thing HE will have to give up. lol I don't know if I could make the house smell that way and not eat it. At this point, I will give up anything for my band!

There are days that I miss eating without thinking about it... BUT... then I put some more clothes in the "too big pile" and I know that thinking about it has given me freedoms that well surpase those old needs. It's a tough road sometimes... but hey... the road to obesity wasn't exactly an easy ride! Sonn Betty... very soon!

Darcy

Chantal, I know just what you mean. I was visiting friends in Minnesota last weekend; one of them is a fantastic baker, and he presented me with a just-out-of the oven pale golden slice of perfection, drizzled with butter and honey. Well, I decided to break out of my diet mind and take a chance, since I haven't had a fill yet and am not terribly restricted -- and before I was banded I was absolutely mad for anything out of a bakery. I chewed like a fiend and savored every second. Guess what? No problem! I'm not going to take too many more chances like that, especially after I get a fill -- but if the bread aroma is truly driving you mad, could you try just a few bites of something just so you wouldn't be tortured? Of course if bread makes you PB every time it's not worth it.